Seabourn has expanded its collection of shore excursions in 2019, with a range of notable new “never before offered” options for passengers.
The new shore excursions offer a diverse mix of opportunities including wellness-focused tours of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, Alaska, a Picasso Museum exclusive visit, and culinary and art experiences secured through local connections, among others.
“Shore excursions are always a highlight as we visit each destination and a key element of the Seabourn luxury experience,” said Chris Austin, Seabourn’s SVP Global Marketing & Sales.
Each new shore excursion has been thoughtfully detailed to ensure guests come away with a truly memorable experience. The notable new excursions being offered in 2019 include:
- Kruger National Park & Lukimbi Safari Lodge – Spend three days spent at Lukimbi Safari Lodge in the southern portion of Kruger National Park. Lukimbi is a photographer’s delight with spectacular wildlife and wilderness around every corner. Kruger, South Africa’s largest game reserve, is the land of baobabs and fever trees, the Big Five, the Little Five and the Big Six of birding, plus more mammal species than any other on the continent. Cape Town, South Africa. Available on Seabourn Sojourn, 21 February, 2019 sailing
- Taku Glacier Lodge, Glacier Seaplane Discovery & Yoga: A Mindful Living Tour – Designed as an extension of Spa & Wellness with Dr Andrew Weil available on board, this Mindful Living Tour begins with a flight in a classic de Havilland seaplane over five glaciers from Juneau to Taku Glacier Lodge. Located along the Taku River, just across from Alaska’s largest and one of the world’s few remaining advancing glaciers, the famed wilderness lodge was built in 1923. Soak up the surrounding splendour, taste wild Alaska salmon grilled to perfection, join a certified yoga instructor for a soulful session surrounded by views of the blue-hued glacier, and enjoy a guided interpretive nature walk with wildlife sightings likely. Juneau, Alaska. Available on all 2019 Alaska sailings.
- The Historical, Forward-Looking Augustine Monastery: A Mindful Living Tour – Designed as another land-based extension of Spa & Wellness with Dr Andrew Weil, guests can explore one of the oldest settlements in North America with a Mindful Living tour of charming Québec City. See Dufferin Terrace where Samuel de Champlain built his fort in 1620; spectacular views of the St Lawrence River, Île d’Orléans and Laurentian Mountains; and celebrated Château Frontenac Hotel. Enter the historic walls of Le Monastère des Augustines for a unique experience in holistic health and rare opportunity to connect with the monastic heritage of the Augustine Sisters, whose offering of cutting-edge healthcare has been at the heart of their values for ages. The excursion also includes an interactive conference on medicinal herbs and teas, and a concert with commentary from the Augustinian Choir. Quebec City, Quebec. Available on Seabourn Quest’s 6 and 30 August; 10 and 21 September; and 3, 14 and 25 October sailings.
- Bocelli’s Favorite Things & Seaside Experience (A Small-Group Tour) – Guests will explore the charming town of Lucca, Italy and learn about its history, culture and marvels, including the Piazza dell’ Anfiteatro, the Church of San Michele in Foro, and the famous City Wall of Lucca. Learn more about the life and career of one of the greatest opera composers, Giacomo Puccini, with a visit to his local apartment, the Puccini Villa and Puccini Theatre. Continue on to the exclusive Bocelli Alpemare Beach Club, run by the Bocelli family, for a four-course lunch and a tasting of wines from the Bocelli family farmhouse in Tuscany. Following some relaxing time on the beach, guests will make a final stop at Pisa, home to the iconic Leaning Tower. Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy. Available on Seabourn Encore’s 18 July, 22 August, 26 September; Seabourn Odyssey’s 12 October; and Seabourn Ovation’s 23 October sailings.
- Picasso Museum Exclusive Visit & A Taste Of Malaga – Seabourn guests can discover marvellous landmarks and ancient history in Málaga. Views of the stunning architecture of the Alcazaba Palace, erected in the 11th century for the Arabian Caliphs, are just a warm up to the Picasso Museum, where an exclusive visit will offer access to the collection, archeological remains, and a terrace not normally open to the public. A special souvenir memento will seal memories for guests before heading off to nearby Los Patios de Beatas for an authentic culinary experience of local delicacies and a small bottle of olive oil to go as a souvenir. Málaga (Granada), Spain. Available on Seabourn Odyssey’s 17 April and 19 October sailings; Seabourn Ovation’s 5 May 2019; and Seabourn Encore’s 25 July, 29 August and 3 October 2019.