American Airlines has teamed up with leading up-and-coming lifestyle and skincare brands to develop new and improved premium amenity kits. This year’s kits are specifically tailored with the frequent First and Business Class traveller’s needs in mind and will officially take to the skies mid-February.
The kits were designed in collaboration with This is Ground, Athletic Propulsion Labs and STATE Bags and feature products from Allies of Skin, Zenology and Baxter of California. Colour rotations and products vary depending on cabin, however each kit includes the essentials: an eye mask, earplugs, a toothbrush and toothpaste.
International Flagship First and Business
- Kits designed by well-known leather accessory company, This is Ground
- Features skincare products from Allies of Skin
- A variety of bag styles and colour rotations
Transcontinental Flagship First and Business
- Kits designed by Los Angeles-based shoe company, Athletic Propulsion Labs
- Features skincare products from Zenology, an oversized eye mask, added FlyFit hydration pack and earplugs
International Premium Economy
- Designed by STATE Bags, an uplifting, give-back company whose mission is to create a well-made product while giving back to the community and helping those in need
- Features skincare products from Baxter of California and two different colour rotations
“American is always exploring ways to innovate and make our customers’ travel experience more relaxing and enjoyable, especially on long-haul flights.” said Janelle Anderson, Vice President of Global Marketing for American.
“The changes we’ve made to this year’s amenity kits were driven by our customers’ feedback about what they desire and value while travelling. Our goal is to curate an elevated and restful travel journey, and our new amenity kits are an exciting piece of the onboard – and our overall brand – experience. We’re thrilled to partner with these brands and offer customers a fresh, modern collection of premium inflight products.”
To date, the airline has invested in its onboard product by adding more fully lie-flat seats, international Wi-Fi, inflight entertainment, live television streaming and healthier contemporary food and beverage choices. It has also opened premium Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in New York, Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), Miami International Airport (MIA) and O’Hare International Airport (ORD) in Chicago. Another Flagship location is coming soon to Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW).