Experiential luxury travel company Alquemie has released a new Australian Food and Wine Spectacular itinerary, which will immerse up to eight guests in the local food and culture of southeastern Australia.
Commencing in Sydney on 3 October 2019, the private air trip will showcase paddock-to-plate cuisine, fine dining and everything in between, and kicks off with a pop-up restaurant experience on Sydney Harbour. The following day involves a seven-course tasting menu at Cottage Point Inn on The Hawkesbury, including return seaplane flights from Rose Bay, followed by a three-hour cruise on the 57-foot Beneteau at sunset on the harbour.
Participants will visit the NSW Southern Highlands, Victoria’s Mornington Peninsula and The Grampians and Tasmania’s King Island, Flinders Island, Freycinet, Maria Island and Hobart.
Among the inclusions are:
- A private pop-up restaurant on Sydney Harbour
- WILDFest, a unique wilderness glamping festival in the Southern Highlands
- Gourmet cooking class on the Mornington Peninsula
- An eight-course degustation at Wickens, Royal Mail Hotel
- Experiences on remote King Island and Flinders Island
- A Luxury Lodge of Australia
- Private MONA food and art experiences
- Private air to remote locations
Guests will stay in absolute luxury, with stays at Park Hyatt Sydney, Jackalope Hotel, Saffire Freycinet and MACq 01 Hotel.
The Australian Food and Wine Spectacular is priced at $26,499 per person, twin share. This includes 14 nights of accommodation, private airport transfers and all meals where specified for the duration of the trip, as well as a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, an Alquemie Host, sightseeing as specified, private 4×4 touring as specified and all charter flights as specified.
The itinerary is commissionable to travel agents.
For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org