Dream Cruises has unveiled the concept and design behind the new artwork that will adorn the hull of its newest family member, the 75,338-gross-ton, 1,870-passenger Explorer Dream, which is currently undergoing a comprehensive upgrade before her launch later this month.
The new hull artwork by New York-based Chinese artist, Kuri Huang continues the brand’s signature mermaid brand icon as the ethereal hull painting beckons viewers to ride upon “Waves of Dreams” in a whimsical and colourful ode to exploration and discovery.
The artwork on the hull of Explorer Dream continues the mermaid brand icon made famous by her sister ships Genting Dream and World Dream. Huang’s fresh, new take on the myth of the mermaid sees a softer, almost impressionistic, approach to the depiction of this iconic figure and also introduces the dream-like figure of the unicorn to further personify the spirit of exploration and discovery.
The artistic narrative of the new hull art tells the tale of a mermaid who yearns to travel beyond the confines of the ocean to a realm above the waters. With the help of the sea god, in the form of a majestic unicorn, she is able to realise her dream of discovering new lands and experiencing exotic cultures while retaining her indelible link to the seven seas.
The latest addition to the Dream Cruises family, Explorer Dream will assume the role of pathfinder for the brand’s global aspirations. Formerly the SuperStar Virgo of sister brand Star Cruises, Explorer Dream is currently undergoing a US$56 million dollar transformation that will incorporate exquisite new facilities including The Palace, Dream Cruises’ signature, luxury private enclave featuring over 40 new suites and butler service (more below). Ensconced in their luxe surroundings, guests will be able to enjoy all-new food and beverage options combining the best of “East meets West” and exclusive activities as part of the Connoisseurs Circle for the ultimate enrichment program.
Other new or upgraded facilities on board Explorer Dream will include exciting entertainment and leisure spaces including the virtual reality ESC Experience Lab, Zodiac Theatre, the Palm Court observatory lounge and a spectacular new lobby atrium area with additional world-class dining experiences with the introduction of Seafood Grill by Mark Best, Mozzarella Ristorante & Pizzeria and Umi Uma Sushi & Teppanyaki.
Dream Cruises has also revealed a collection of new benefits and services to enhance the travelling experience of guests in its exclusive enclave, ‘The Palace’.
“Sophisticated guests desire the excitement and energy of a large mega-ship, but also demand the privacy and intimacy of their own exclusive facilities and Dream Cruises’ response was the creation of ‘The Palace’, the perfect solution featuring a “Luxury ship within a Megaship” concept across our fleet” said Thatcher Brown, President of Dream Cruises.
“Combined with the confidence and elegance of international hospitality standards, ‘The Palace’ will provide a luxury vacation experience unlike any other.”
Well received since its introduction on Genting Dream and World Dream two years ago, ‘The Palace’ is a “ship-within-a-ship” concept with nearly 10,000 square metres of suites, private restaurant, gym, sundeck, swimming pool and other facilities and featuring priority embarkation, exclusive dining, dedicated butlers and additional comprehensive services. ‘The Palace’ will also feature on a smaller scale on Explorer Dream, due to arrive in Australia and New Zealand later this year.
“The Palace” Features & Benefits
- All-suite accommodations highlighted by approximately 150 luxury suites with access to a private restaurant, lounge, bar, gym, swimming pool, jacuzzi, children’s area and other facilities
- 1:1 crew to passenger ratio for ‘The Palace’, also one of the highest in the cruise industry
- Flawless personal service and attention to detail, including 24-hour butler concierge service
- All-inclusive luxury fine dining featuring creative Asian and Western menus all created with high-quality ingredients
- All-inclusive branded premium teas, coffees, wines, champagnes, whiskey and other beverages
- Finest-quality bed linens, duvets, towels and bathrobes by Frette™
- High-quality toiletries including Etro products
- Free shore excursions, movies, music and other services
- Priority embarkation and disembarkation at homeports and destinations
- Priority access to shows, restaurants, spa and other services
- Complimentary pressing service
- Complimentary welcome on board mini-bar beverage and snacks
- Welcome on board surprise and delight amenity
- Fresh flower arrangement in the room for Palace Villas and Penthouses
- Complimentary standard package internet access throughout the cruise
- Complimentary city shuttle transfers (for eligible ports of call)
- Private shore excursions arrangement for a fee
- Palace pre-programmed phone to request butler concierge service with the touch of a button
To further enrich the travel experience, new services and benefits in ‘The Palace’ will span food and beverage to activities and entertainment and shore excursions, delivering a holistic suite of privileges to discerning Dream Cruises guests.
New Signature Palace Benefits
- All-inclusive set meal entitlement at available specialty dining restaurants during meal-times
- Enhanced all-inclusive Seafood Buffet selection in ‘The Palace’ restaurant during all cruises
- Complimentary Premium Beverage package at all bars and inclusive restaurants
- Exclusive Palm Court “Captain’s Welcome Cocktail Party” with Officers
- Crystal Life Café – Expanded Healthy Breakfast and Vegetarian Lunch Options
- Dedicated Palace Kids’ Program, for Palace children aged 2–12 years old
- Dedicated “Connoisseurs Circle” Bespoke Enrichment Program of talks, events and activities including complimentary wellbeing and fitness classes
- Complimentary choice of selected Palace shore excursions or general shore excursions per port
Explorer Dream will homeport in Sydney and Auckland from October 2019, where she will embark on a variety of seven-night weekly itineraries exploring the coastlines of Queensland, Tasmania and New Zealand.
See www.dreamcruiseline.com or phone 02 9212 6288.