MSC Cruises is expanding its partnership with two Michelin-starred Spanish chef Ramón Freixa by opening two more HOLA! Tapas Bar restaurants on board MSC Meraviglia from May. The new ship, MSC Grandiosa, will also include two HOLA! Tapas Bars when it launches later this year.
Freixa is part of an impressive line-up of top international chefs that includes renowned German chef Harald Wohlfahrt – who held a three Michelin Star rating for 25 years in a row –, two Michelin-starred chef Raymond Blanc, innovative pan-Asian chef Roy Yamaguchi, award-winning pastry chef Jean-Philippe Maury and acclaimed Chinese chef Jereme Leung. Each of these talents represent some of the world’s most-adored cuisines; with a distinct style and vision, each chef creates a memorable fine-dining experience for guests across the fleet.
Guests sailing with MSC Cruises over the last year have already been able to experience Ramon’s innovative gastronomy in a number of ways:
- An exquisite Elegant Dinner dish in the main restaurants across MSC Cruises’ fleet
- Exclusive tapas items and signature dish for MSC Yacht Club guests across the fleet
- His first restaurant at sea, Ocean Cay by Ramón Freixa opened onboard MSC Seaview in 2018, offering guests luxury fish and shellfish in this speciality restaurant
- Special menus for selected ships for Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve celebrations
- Most recently, his exclusive HOLA! Tapas Bar concept opened with the launch of MSC Bellissima earlier this year and will now be available on MSC Meraviglia and MSC Grandiosa
Located on the Mediterranean-style promenade at the heart of the Meraviglia class ships, the HOLA! Tapas Bar concept has been designed to offer a social and warm dining experience where guests can enjoy a range of traditional and modern shared plates and snacks inspired by some of Spain’s most popular dishes.
With an open environment containing a mixture of communal and individual seating, guests can savour a quick bite, a glass of Spanish wine, or enjoy a full meal. Some of the menu highlights include authentic Spanish tortilla, olive, anchovy & pepper Gilda and the quintessential Catalan dessert: Catalan Cream.