The Reverie Saigon is endeavouring to deepen its guests’ appreciation of the city and its culinary heritage with a fresh approach for food-obsessed guests involving a celebrity chef and an entire day’s exploration of one of Asia’s burgeoning food capitals.
Beginning this month, guests of the hotel will be able to experience six- to eight-hour expeditions across the city’s culinary landscape with Luke Nguyen, one of Vietnam’s most talented chefs. Privately guided, the tours will introduce guests to major landmarks, tucked-away street vendors, riverside lunch spots, chic restaurants and also hidden bars and sky-high lounges if that’s your scene.
The Australia-born “MasterChef Vietnam” host, cookbook author, restaurateur and television personality is partnering exclusively with The Reverie Saigon on this in-depth exploration of the vibrant dining destination that is bustling Ho Chi Minh City.
The journey begins in the late afternoon with a glimpse of some of the key landmarks located in the city’s District 1 – such as the 139-year-old Notre Dame Cathedral, the historic Central Post Office and the magnificent colonial French Opera House.
From there, on the menu for the rest of this deep dive into Saigon’s culinary world are:
- A pitstop for banh mi and Vietnamese coffee at a favourite outpost (or two) of Chef’s
- A short walking tour of residential back alleyways where communal living still thrives and where delicious home-cooking is served right out of residential kitchens
- A short boat ride to a popular riverside restaurant for cocktails and small bites at sunset
- Rooftop drinks and an introduction to an innovative take on street-food dishes at a local eatery that’s hidden in the old market part of Saigon
- A stroll along Nguyen Hue Boulevard, the city’s popular gathering place, before settling in for dinner with Chef at Vietnam House, his signature restaurant in Vietnam
- An option to extend the evening (for up to two hours) with an exploration of the city’s nightlife scene by way of an introduction to Chef’s recommended drinking spots, depending on whether you’re partial to hidden bars or rooftop cocktails
Chef Luke’s culinary exploration of Ho Chi Minh City is an optional add-on to The Reverie’s new “Sampling Saigon” foodie package, which invites guests to take in the hotel’s own culinary offerings – including exquisite fine dining Chinese at The Royal Pavilion, or upscale Italian at R&J.
The two-night package is also bookable for weekday breaks (subject to availability) and includes:
- Round-trip airport transfers
- Choice of buffet breakfast at Café Cardinal or via In-Room Dining
- A USD 200 dining credit for use at The Royal Pavilion or R&J
Sampling Saigon rates start as US$410++, exclusive of Chef Luke’s tour.
Chef Luke’s tour starts from US$850 per person, with a minimum of two persons and a maximum of 10. The price includes all food and drinks for the main tour. Post-dinner bar hopping brings the starting price up to US$1,150, with food and drinks not included for the bars visited after dinner.
- Activities listed above are subject to accessibility and change without notice
- Guests who book suites will truly be able to eat to their hearts’ content with exclusive access The Reverie Lounge, which serves breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails & canapés daily.
For more information, click here.