Abercrombie & Kent was born on safari in Africa in the early 1960s when founder and now CEO and Chairman, Geoffrey Kent pioneered the luxury photographic safari.
As part of its 2020 collection of extraordinary small group journeys, Abercrombie & Kent lends its signature specialist safari experience to ‘Surprising Zimbabwe’ nearly 60 years after the company started. The experience will come as one of six new limited-edition adventures for the intrepid explorer in all of us.
Raw and untamed, Zimbabwe’s vast tracts of wilderness shelter an endless array of the continent’s extraordinary wildlife, including healthy populations of rhino and elephant. On this two-week safari, guests delve into some of the country’s least-visited areas, including Gonarezhou National Park and UNESCO World Heritage-listed Matobo Hills where Cecil Rhodes’ grave is located. Intimate safari camps and lodges carefully positioned amid unspoilt landscapes provide a welcome nightly refuge with plenty of time in each camp for guests to contemplate nature and bask in Africa’s incomparable sunsets.
- Be amazed by the scenic backdrop of Gonarezhou National Park
- Visit Zimbabwe’s oldest national park, the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Matobo Hills
- Track black and white rhino on foot for up-close encounters
- Admire ancient galleries of San rock art
- Delve into local history while following in the footsteps of Cecil Rhodes
- Photograph huge herds of buffalo and elephant in Zimbabwe’s largest park, Hwange National Park
- Be surrounded by Edwardian splendour over lunch at the Victoria Falls Hotel
- Float down the mighty Zambezi River and toast the sunset on a leisurely sundowner cruise
2020 Departures: 29 May-11 June and 16-29 August 2020. Prices start from $19,990 per person.
All A&K Limited Edition Small Group Journeys are now available to book online with confirmation issued within 24 hours of receipt of deposit.
Click here for more details.