The Sanchaya on Indonesia’s Bintan island has announced that chef Javier Codina will be in residence from Friday 27 September to Sunday 29 September as part of the boutique resort’s international guest chef series.
Chef Javier is well-respected amongst Australia’s most discerning diners, helming Catalan-inspired Moda, whose menu is inspired by his own upbringing, and focuses on using fresh, local ingredients. During his time at the estate, Barcelona-born Codina will draw upon generations of traditional Catalan cooking techniques to bring the vibrant, cosmopolitan flavours of Spain to The Sanchaya.
Kicking off on Friday 27 September, the Mediterranean-inspired gastronomy weekend will begin with a four-hands dinner from Codina and resident chef Giacomo. A 3-course set menu will see the pair fuse their individual style, featuring some of Moda’s most iconic dishes, such as the Riverina Beef Cheek, Purple Sweet Potatoes and Paellite By Javier, Queensland Seafood.
On Saturday 28 September, Codina will recreate Javier’s Table Experience, in collaboration with The Sanchaya’s Sommelier, Jeroen L’abée. Since joining The Sanchaya, Jeroen has steadily built an enviable collection of award-winning wines, which will be carefully paired with signature dishes and tapas from Codina. The intimate evening will take place in the estate’s glass-walled Decanter, giving guests the opportunity to learn more about the cooking techniques Codina has perfected throughout his international career.
The weekend will culminate in a Sunday Brunch on Sunday 19 September, whereby Giacomo and Codina will recreate the quintessential Aussie barbecue, with a Mediterranean twist. Taking place on the lawn area at the heart of the estate, the Moda BBQ pop-up will be a casual affair, with beanbag seating areas and an optional free-flow beverage, featuring sommelier-selected wines and Australian beers.
A limited time Guest Chef Series accommodation experience includes:
- 3-nights accommodation in either a Junior Suite or Sanchaya Suite (additional nights will be charged at best available rate)
- A 3-course set menu on Friday 27th September in The Dining Room
- Two places at Javier’s Table on Saturday 28th September
- Sunday BBQ Brunch by Javier Codina on Sunday 29th September
- Complimentary pre-dinner cocktails throughout the weekend
- Daily à la carte breakfast
- Express clearance upon arrival and prior to departure at The Sanchaya Lounge in Bintan Resorts Ferry Terminal
- Complimentary shared transfer between Bintan Resort Ferry Terminal and the estate
The experience is available from Friday 27 September – Monday 30 September, with rates starting at IDR 25,110,000 per couple. For further information, see visit www.thesanchaya.com