Explore lush tea plantations, golden beaches and fascinating World Heritage sites on Abercrombie & Kent’s 14-day ‘Sri Lanka: Secrets of the Spice Island’ Limited Edition Small Group Journey.
Sri Lanka is a deeply spiritual place where Buddhist values and a rich cultural heritage are interwoven with enduring colonial influences. On this journey, guests peel back the layers of the beguiling island nation, and uncover its many treasures: a serene and gentle people, fragrant and flavoursome cuisine, fascinating ruins and diverse terrain, everything suffused with a warm and welcoming tropical glow.
- Stay in a number of specially selected boutique accommodations
- Wander through the streets of old Colombo
- Discover the secrets of Sri Lankan home cooking at a curated dinner in Colombo
- Admire the tropical modernist aesthetic of Sri Lanka’s most influential architect, Geoffrey Bawa
- Explore World Heritage sites in the Cultural Triangle and climb the Sigiriya rock fortress
- Seek out elephants and endemic wildlife at Minneriya National Park
- Join the pilgrims for a nightly prayer ritual at the Sacred Temple of the Tooth
- Learn the secrets of Ceylonese tea in the plantations of Sri Lanka’s famous tea country
- Meander through Galle Fort with a heritage expert on foot
2020 Departures: 18 – 31 March; 23 September – 6 October; 4 – 17 November
2021 Departures: 13 – 26 January
Maximum 18 Guests | Prices start from $10,230 per person.
Solo Traveller Special: Abercrombie & Kent is waiving the single supplement for the first two solo travellers booked before 31 August, 2019 on this and many other Limited Edition Small Group Journeys.
All A&K Limited Edition Small Group Journeys are now available to book online with confirmation issued within 24 hours of receipt of deposit.
For more details on the itinerary, click here.