The Goldman Group has capped off a rewarding week at the 2019 Virtuoso Travel Week with Joint Managing Director, Anthony Goldman, lauded with the luxury travel network’s award for Most Admired Advisor – Asia Pacific. Earlier in the week The Goldman Group was recognised as the 2019 Top Production agency for the Virtuoso network in Asia Pacific for the fifth successive year.
The final evening of the 31st Virtuoso Travel Week in Las Vegas wrapped up with a gala attended by over 3,000 of the biggest names in luxury travel. At the event, Virtuoso most esteemed members are partners worldwide were recognised.
Network peers determine Virtuoso Award winners: partners vote for agencies and advisors, and travel agency members select the victorious partners. Thousands of votes were cast in this year’s awards, showing a high level of engagement in the honours.
“I’m always impressed and inspired by how our members and partners constantly innovate to deliver unforgettable travel experiences to their clients,” said Virtuoso Chairman and CEO, Matthew Upchurch.
“It’s appropriate that we honour our most remarkable Virtuosos on the final night of our annual ‘family reunion,’ when we’ve celebrated an incredible week of forging human connections. Those connections are the critical difference that sets Virtuoso apart and bolsters our collective reputation, motivating travellers to seek out our high-touch network.”
The 2019 Virtuoso Award winners are:
Member Awards (as voted by partners)
- Most Hospitable Agency – US/Canada: Travel Edge
- Most Innovative Advisor – US/Canada: Keith Waldon, Departure Lounge
- Virtuoso Rising Star – US/Canada: Blaire Kochar, Brownell Travel
- Most Admired Advisor – Asia/Pacific: Anthony Goldman, Goldman Travel Corporation
- Most Admired Advisor – Europe/Middle East/Africa: Jenny Graham, Quintessentially Travel
- Most Admired Advisor – Latin America/Caribbean: Paola Prieto, ITG-International Travel Group
- Most Admired Advisor – Canada: Roger Kershaw, Travel Edge
- Most Admired Advisor – US: Josh Alexander, Protravel International
Partner Awards (as voted by members)
- Airline of the Year: Emirates
- Service Partner of the Year: Travelex Insurance Services
- Sustainable Tourism Leadership – Preferred Partner: Nomadic Expeditions
- Cruise Line of the Year: Crystal Cruises
In addition, Virtuoso announced this year’s outstanding cruise performers at a reception on 13 August were:
- Top Producer – Virtuoso Voyages: Ralph Bias, Amazing Cruises
- Virtuoso Rising Star – Cruise: Frances Sarrett, McCabe World Travel
- Most Innovative Advisor – Cruise Sales: Jonathan Phillips, Cassis Travel Services
- Best Virtuoso Voyages Experience: Kusadasi by Sea Song Tours – Turkey
- Virtuoso Cruise Ambassador of the Year – Member: Kimberly Wilson Wetty, Valerie Wilson Travel
- Virtuoso Cruise Ambassador of the Year – Partner: Chris Austin, Seabourn
Lead image: Anthony Goldman, Goldman Group’s Joint Managing Director with Virtuoso Asia Pacific Managing Director, Michael Londregan.