Regent Seven Seas Cruises has released its latest collection of authentic and immersive experiences, both land based and onboard, to be included in all 2020 Alaskan sailings on board Seven Seas Mariner.
Curated specifically for Regent guests, the cruise line’s new Inside Alaska | Luxury Goes Exploring program features exclusive engagements for guests to expand their Alaskan knowledge. Activities are scheduled for times after guests have returned from most shore excursions.
Destination experts sail on the entire voyage and, from the bridge, narrate details about the surrounding landscapes, including commentary during the Hubbard Glacier visit. During the voyage they also offer presentations and lectures.
In Skagway, a professional musher will step aboard Seven Seas Mariner, bringing tales of the Iditarod to enlighten guests about the world’s most harrowing race. He’ll also bring along a one of his sled dogs. Alaska Raptor Center staff will also come aboard with one of their Raptors in Residence to introduce to guests and provide insights about birds in the Last Frontier.
Guests will also be able to get a true taste of Alaska, with a variety of quintessential Alaskan cuisine waiting both onshore and onboard. A Great American Salmon Bake & Barbeque is held on the Pool Deck of each voyage, and guests may enjoy their very own fresh catch from a shore excursion earlier in the day, perfectly prepared by Regent chefs.
On the land, Regent’s new Go Local Tours invite guests to engage in local experiences led by community residents. Guests will learn and savour some of the locals’ favourite spots to eat and explore the hidden gems of Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway and Sitka.
Go Local Tours include:
- Walking Tour From a Local Perspective (Sitka) – Learn about the local Sitka lifestyle by gaining a historical perspective of the town through its landmarks and arts with a local resident.
- A Look Into A Local’s Past (Skagway) – Delve into Skagway’s past by hearing tales of the notorious early Gold Rush settlers, visiting their gravesites and discussing the town’s history.
- Behind the Scenes With A Local (Juneau) – See Juneau’s historical landmarks on a revealing drive and then explore the culinary scene in a hands-on cooking class and by sampling locally brewed beers at a pub.
- Native Tlingit Walking Tour (Ketchikan) – Join a local guide of indigenous Tlingit descent for an enlightening walk through Ketchikan, learning about the city’s history and how the indigenous people have adapted to the changes.
- Wrangell Through The Eyes of a Local (Wrangell) – Get an enlightening look into local life by following a guide in and around Wrangell and learning how the residents spend their time.
For details on the full Regent Seven Seas Cruises Alaska program, see rssc.com/Inside_Alaska