Sky Princess, the first purpose built Princess Cruises‘ MedallionClass ship, recently set sail on her inaugural season in Europe. Representing an evolution of the design platform used for her sister Royal-Class ships – Regal Princess, Royal Princess and Majestic Princess – the 143,700-ton, 3,660-guest Sky Princess offers an elevation of spectacular style and elegance that Princess is known for, in addition to new distinct features.
Introduced on Sky Princess are new luxury Sky Suites boasting expansive views from the largest balconies at sea, the Sky Suite. At approximately 174-square-metres (including the balcony), the two Sky Suites come with their own Suite Experience Manager and can accommodate up to five guests. Each suite has its own 270-degree panorama and guests are provided Reserved Princess Theater seating, complimentary access to The Enclave, Reserved Princess Cays bungalow, Private Movies Under the Stars balcony viewing, and more.
In addition, two new entertainment experiences are offered – Phantom Bridge, a world-first game combining digital and physical elements for the ultimate immersive escape room, and Take Five, the only jazz theater at sea, celebrating the iconic sounds, culture and history of jazz.
Powered by the OceanMedallion, MedallionClass vacations deliver a new level of service for a holiday that is more seamless, effortless and personalised.
Princess MedallionClass Vacations are resulting in high guest satisfaction scores, due to a portfolio of experiences specifically designed to enhance their cruise vacation, including:
- Expedited Arrival – From curbside to poolside in a breeze: Personalisation starts pre-cruise as guests become OceanReady before arriving at the port. Guests who arrive at the terminal having uploaded their travel documents (i.e. passports) to their profile enjoy a streamlined and expedited check-in process that gets their vacation started even sooner.
- On-Demand Services – Food, beverage, retail orders and service delivered to your location: Using smart devices and stateroom TVs, guests have the ability to order drinks, food and retail items like sunscreen with OceanNow and have them delivered directly anywhere on board.
- Family and Friends Locator – Finding travel companions and directional ship information: Accessible on portals throughout the ships and via guests’ smart devices, OceanCompass leverages the OceanMedallion to easily locate and chat with friends and family on board, as well as enables point-to-point wayfinding throughout the ship. OceanCompass guides guests throughout their journey, providing directional information so they can seamlessly navigate to their next point of interest.
Other innovative features of the Princess MedallionClass experience include:
- Keyless stateroom entry: Access to staterooms is a seamless experience where each guest is securely validated as the door automatically unlocks. Personalized greetings, including loyalty level recognition and celebrations, welcome the guest on their door portal.
- Interactive voyage timeline: Available on ship portals and via guests’ smart devices, JourneyView is an interactive timeline that lets guests scroll through all of the events available on board during their voyage and bookmark activities they are interested in to their own personalised itinerary. Voyage itineraries are available as many as 60 days in advance, allowing guests to start planning before they leave home.
- Wager-based gaming: On smart devices and on select portals via Ocean Casino, lets guests wager real money on games including slots, poker, bingo, roulette, keno and lottery from anywhere on board.
- Interactive game play: On portals located shipwide and on smart devices PlayOcean helps guests enjoy a new level of fun with interactive games, a digital scavenger hunt, customisable avatars and more. PlayOcean also transforms guests’ mobile devices into game controllers for interactive gaming on the massive Movies Under the Stars screen.
Sky Princess will make her debut in North America on 1 December, 2019, for a season of Caribbean cruises from Fort Lauderdale. The Princess Cruises fleet continues to expand with Enchanted Princess in June 2020, Discovery Princess in November 2021 and two additional ships in 2023 and 2025.