The data doesn’t lie. Hayman Island by InterContinental is back bigger than ever, and it’s making waves globally with American Express card holders. The Great Barrier Reef-based resort, which officially reopened in mid-August 2019, is the sole Australian property to feature in the newly released 2020 ‘Trending Destinations’ report compiled by American Express Travel’s accommodation platform, Fine Hotels & Resorts.
A total of 15 luxury hotels globally are listed within the 10 Trending Destinations, with other locations spotlighted in the Italian Alps, the French Riviera, Buenos Aires and Shanghai. Hayman Island isn’t the only island to make the grade, but it is by far the smallest and most boutique. The other islands include the Cayman Islands and Kauai, in the Hawaiian Islands.
“We travel to enjoy both the thrill of the new and the comforts of timeless things, and so any list of the hottest destinations in the world is bound to contain classics and emerging winners alike. Whether it’s for a romantic getaway, a family vacation, or a solo adventure, these are the cities and regions that American Express Card Members are traveling to in 2020,” American Express Travel reported.
And here’s the complete list of destinations highlighted as ‘trending’.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Whitsunday Islands, Australia
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
The French Riviera
The Italian Alps
Kauai, Hawaiian Islands, USA
The hotels that were listed in the Trending Destinations included:
- Four Seasons Hotel Buenos Aires and Park Tower Buenos Aires
- Hayman Island by InterContinental
- Kimpton Seafire Resort & Spa, Grand Cayman
- The Shanghai EDITION, W Shanghai The Bund and InterContinental Shanghai Wonderland
- Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at The First Residence and Fairmont Nile City Cairo
- Cap Estel and Five Seas Hotel Cannes, The French Riviera
- Le Massif, Courmayeur, The Italian Alps
- InterContinental Osaka
- The Lodge at Kukui’ula and Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort & Spa
- The Ranch at Rock Creek, Montana
To view American Express Travels full report and synopsis on what lures card holders to the individual destinations, click HERE.