Silversea Cruises is offering a new shore excursion that will take travellers to Peru’s Machu Picchu in ultimate comfort. The four-night land experiences have been curated by the cruise line’s destination experts to extend two Silver Moon voyages departing in 2020.
The Inca citadel of Machu Picchu is one of South America’s most spectacular UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Declared one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, the ancient ruins sprawl across a 2,100-metre-tall mountaintop of lush vegetation, offering visitors an enriching adventure into Peru’s cultured history.
Machu Picchu is available as a pre- or post-cruise extension on select Silver Moon voyages in South America. From Lima, Silversea’s guests will take a scheduled flight to the historic city of Cusco, nestled high up in the Andes. From here, they will enjoy two days of discovery in the Sacred Valley, from which they will travel by train to Machu Picchu and discover the famous Lost City of the Incas with the insights and local perspective of an expert guide, before strolling through the ancient citadel.
- Accommodation at deluxe hotels
- Economy-class flights: Lima-Cusco-Lima
- Daily breakfast, plus three lunches and three dinners
- PeruRail Vistadome journey to and from Machu Picchu
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Transfers between airport and hotels in air-conditioned vehicles
“Our four-night Machu Picchu land program takes guests deep into the heart and culture of Peru, capturing the essence of this ancient destination,” said Barbara Muckermann, Silversea’s Chief Marketing Officer. “For those planning to visit Machu Picchu, this special savings offer is the perfect opportunity to immerse oneself into its charms, under the knowledgeable guidance of local guides. Our expertly designed land experiences combine perfectly with Silver Moon’s itineraries to offer a truly seamless experience.”
The Machu Picchu Explorer program is available on the following 15-day Silver Moon voyages:
• Departing November 23, 2020 – Fort Lauderdale to Lima (Callao): Featuring a transit of the Panama Canal, this remarkable voyage calls in Willemstad, Curaçao; Oranjestad, Aruba; Cartagena, Colombia; the San Blas Islands; Panama City on an overnight call (Fuerte Amador), Panama; Manta, Ecuador; and Salaverry and Lima (Callao), Peru. Early Booking Bonus fares start from $7,290 per person.
• Departing December 8, 2020 – Lima (Callao) to Fort Lauderdale: Featuring a transit of the Panama Canal, the voyage offers guests an overnight call in Lima (Callao), before calling in Salaverry, Peru; Manta, Ecuador; Panama City on an overnight call (Fuerte Amador); Puerto Limón, Costa Rica; Roatan Island, Honduras; Santo Tomás, Guatemala; Belize City, Belize; and Cozumel, Mexico. Early Booking Bonus fares start from $6,480 per person.
A saving of $600 per person is currently offered on the Machu Picchu Explorer land program. With the savings offer, the price for the fully inclusive land experience is $2,399 per person, based on double occupancy.
For more information on the Machu Picchu Explorer land programs, see Silverseas’s website.