Ultra-luxury cruise line Silversea has unveiled a collection of new theatrical performances and entertainment concepts planned for select ships for 2020 as part of a collaboration with Luna Rossa Productions.
The reimagined program will enrich onboard entertainment options across a selection of ships from 6 December 2019 – most notably, aboard Silver Moon from the ship’s launch on 6 August 2020, when the curtain goes up on To the Moon and Beyond, a retro tribute to space exploration and classic sci-fi movies. Inspired by the recent 50th anniversary of the historic Apollo 11 moon landing, the show will feature evocative, space-age scenery and such iconic tunes as ‘Fly Me to the Moon’, ‘Moondance’, ‘Bad Moon Rising’, ‘Rocket Man’, and more.
Silver Moon’s innovative headline show will be complemented by three new stage productions, which will be common to all ships:
- Circus, inspired by Cirque du Soleil and the hit movie The Greatest Showman;
- Café Tango, a classic tango show set in a Parisian-style café;
- and ’80s Gold, which celebrates the decade’s best-loved pop anthems.
The choreography-enriched stage presentations will spotlight the talents of the Silver Stars, a new cast of accomplished singers and dancers. The shows will be performed in the Venetian Lounge, where audiences will enjoy high-quality musical tracks, vibrant costuming, and imaginative stage designs featuring interactive video mapping technology and motion graphics, as well as new mobile set pieces that will provide multiple scenery changes.
New Performative Experiences to Debut on Silver Moon
As part of an enriched entertainment program that will launch on Silver Moon and will roll out to additional ships from late 2020, new performative experiences will enrich guests’ time on board: LunaFest, a lively mid-cruise music festival will be staged outdoors on deck with street-food carts offering tempting delights, and Silver Sparks, a selection of entertaining moments that will pop up at unexpected times in different ship venues, and are sure to raise a smile.
NEW SHOWS FOR 2020
In addition to Silver Moon, Silversea’s Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper, Silver Spirit and Silver Muse will each host a new theatrical production in 2020:
- Boogie Wonderland!: A glittering cast of talented artists takes the audience on a fun-filled, rhythmic ride through the iconic music and dance moves of the disco generation with songs from such legends as Earth, Wind and Fire, Gloria Gaynor, the Bee Gees, and many others. The mirror ball starts sparkling on Silver Whisper‘s Caribbean voyage from 6 December 2019.
- Late in the Evening: Debuting aboard Silver Wind‘s 23 January, 2020, Caribbean cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Fort Lauderdale, this acoustic, live tribute to the enduring melodies of Burt Bacharach, Carole King and Paul Simon features reinterpretations of such laid-back, modern classics as ‘I Say a Little Prayer’, ‘Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow’, ‘Bridge over Troubled Water’ and more.
- Colours: Launching aboard Silver Muse‘s Australia and New Zealand sailing from 3 March 2020, this tribute to melodies brimming with colour and emotion presents a vibrant and varied palette of colourful musical tunes, from Michael Jackson’s ‘Black or White’ and Madonna’s ‘True Blue’, to Barbra Streisand’s ‘Evergreen’ and Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’.
- Brit Hits: This nod to the success of British contemporary music will take to the stage aboard Silver Spirit‘s Mediterranean cruise from 15 April 2020. Highlighting award-winning songs of the British Phonographic Industry’s annual BRIT Awards, the audience will be treated to interpretations of the best-selling hits of such artists as Adele, Amy Winehouse, Elton John, Phil Collins, Eurythmics, and others.
- Corazon: Set to debut aboard Silver Shadow’s Mediterranean voyage from 3 May 2020, this passion-filled show of music and dance features bold costumes, dramatic staging and captivating imagery from the Alhambra as it showcases rhythmic sounds from Spain and South America, and styles from opera to popular dance beats. Think Man of La Mancha meets ‘Rhythm Is Gonna Get You’.
For more information on the itineraries featuring the new shows, see www.silversea.com