Nominations for the 2020 AFTA National Travel Industry Awards opened on Monday 20 January.
The AFTA NTIA celebrates and rewards excellence in the Australian travel industry through a process which includes nominating, voting or a written submission and judging candidates by an independent panel, culminating in the announcement of the winners at a Gala Awards Dinner.
There are four nomination forms used in the NTIA process:
- Travel agent form to nominate a supplier in various supplier categories, click HERE;
- Supplier form to nominate travel agents and travel agencies, click HERE;
- Emirates Travel Consultant Scholarship for self-nominations, click HERE; and
- Travel Writer nomination form, also for self-nominations, click HERE.
Nominations will only be accepted via the online forms and each nomination will be verified to ensure both its eligibility and validity.
The nomination period will run from 9am Monday 20 January through to 5pm Friday 14 February 2020 (all times AEDT). The list of all 2020 nominees will be announced in March 2020.
2020 NTIA Key Dates:
- Nominations Open – Monday 20 January 2020
- Nominations Close – Friday 14 February 2020
- Category Nomination Submissions due – Friday 13 March 2020 (Selected categories)
- Nominees Announced – Monday 23 March 2020
- Voting Opens – Tuesday 24 March 2020
- Ticket Sales – Monday 27 April 2020
- Finalists Announced – Monday 18 May 2020
- Judging Period – Wednesday 10 June to Friday 19 June 2020 (Judged categories only)
- Gala Dinner – Saturday 18 July 2020
For more information on the NTIA, award sponsors, categories, category criteria or to complete a nomination form visit the AFTA website.
Image credit: Guests from the 2019 National Travel Industry Awards