Mandarin Oriental, Munich is offering a “Once-in-a-Decade – Oberammergau Passion Play” luxury accommodation package for visitors to the passion play festival. The package, available from 14 May to 4 October 2020, includes round-trip festival limousine transfers.
The first Oberammergau Passion Play took place in 1634 during the long Thirty Years’ War, when the war-stricken people of Oberammergau acted out the story of Christ’s suffering, death and resurrection. It was decided then that such an epic would be performed only once every ten years. This year sees the 42nd run of the famous five-hour play on the impressive open-air stage of Oberammergau’s Passion Play Theatre.
The Once-in-a-Decade – Oberammergau Passion Play offer is priced from €1,550 a night for two guests and includes:
- One night’s stay in a luxury room or suite
- Breakfast in Matsuhisa Munich restaurant or served in-room
- A glass of champagne on the rooftop terrace with a panoramic, bird’s eye view over Munich
- Exclusive limousine transfers to and from Oberammergau
- Personal assistance from the concierge with Oberammergau ticket bookings and intermission restaurant reservations
- A six-course omakase (the intriguing Japanese tradition of letting the chef choose your order) tasting menu dinner at Matsuhisa Munich.
Note – Entrance fee to Oberammergau is not included in the package.
For bookings, click here.