InterContinental Hayman Island Resort has confirmed its intention to reopen to guests from 1 September 2020 after an extended pause due to the coronavirus pandemic.
On its website, InterContinental Hayman Island Resort said the property would operate in accordance with the public health orders of both the Queensland and Australian governments.
The five-star resort highlights that the September restart date is subject to change based on interstate travel guidelines by both government authorities.
“Since the start of the crisis, the resort’s leadership team have remained committed to implementing additional health and safety measures in line with local jurisdiction, including but not limited to, increased frequency of deep cleaning public areas and accommodation rooms and adjusting food and beverage operations to ensure the highest level of hygiene and precautionary action,” a resort statement says.
The property will also execute the IHG Way of Clean program, developed by hygiene technology and service provider Ecolab, which includes deep cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants in rooms and public spaces.
Among the enhanced cleaning and operating procedures highlighted for every zone of the hotel are:
- Arrival: Reduced contact and physical interaction at check-in and check-out, touchless transactions, guidance on usage of front desk barriers, and sanitiser stations in high traffic areas.
- Public spaces and amenities: Visible and more frequent deep cleaning of high touch surfaces, spacing or reduction of furniture for social distancing, best practices for pools and other amenity spaces.
- Food & beverage: Operational changes to food & beverage requirements and delivery; new food & beverage standards and service protocols, new approaches to buffets, banquets and catering.
- Guest rooms: Verification of sanitisation with items marked as cleaned/ready to use (e.g., glassware, remote control), removal of in-room collateral or other high touch items, and upgraded laundry protocols.
- Technology: Evaluating advanced technology for implementation as part of this enhanced program and all elements of the contactless guest experience.
“We will continue to keep you updated on all that the resort and IHG are doing to demonstrate a commitment to cleanliness in the coming months,” InterContinental Hayman added.
Image credit: InterContinental Hayman Island Resort