Dynamically priced IHG Reward Nights are now available in hotels and resorts across Australasia, as IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group) began extending dynamically priced Reward Nights to hotels around the world this week. The roll-out builds on a successful launch in the Greater China region last month.
The number of points required for members to redeem a Reward Night will now flex up and down, just like cash rates for room bookings.
At initial launch in Greater China, the introduction of dynamic Reward Nights allowed members to experience the benefit of a variable pricing model in the current travel environment:
- Points remained flat to 2019 point amounts or were lowered for the next 50 weeks of stay dates
- Globally, more than 83% of hotels that have rolled out on to Dynamic Reward Nights to date have had a reduction of point amounts, with some hotels lowered up to 30,000 points from their previous point amounts
- More than 65% of hotels in Greater China rolled out with a reduction of point amounts due to Dynamic Reward Nights, with some hotels lowered up to 30,000 points from their previous point amounts
Announced last year, IHG is taking a measured approach to introducing Reward Night price flexibility so that when members are ready to travel again, they’ll be able to enjoy the benefits.
In Australasia, IHG Rewards Club members can redeem dynamic pricing at a number of hotels and resorts from today, including new hotels set to open in the IHG family. Luxury properties in this portfolio include:
- InterContinental Sydney
- InterContinental Sydney Double Bay
- InterContinental Hayman Island Resort
- InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort
- InterContinental Adelaide
- InterContinental Melbourne the Rialto
- InterContinental Perth
- InterContinental Wellington
Dynamic pricing is also offered on voco and Crowne Plaza properties.
This new way for members to make the most of their points complements the existing IHG Rewards Club benefits members enjoy at more than 5,900 IHG Hotels & Resorts around the world, including exclusive member rates, no blackout dates for Reward Nights, and free Wi-Fi – making every stay as rewarding as possible.
Lead image: InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort