Quark Expeditions has revealed a new expedition program in Greenland capitalising on Ultramarine‘s two twin-engine helicopters, dual helidecks and a first-ever partnership with local communities in South Greenland that will offer off-ship adventure options (included in the trip package) exclusive to Quark Expeditions.
The launch of Ultramarine has enabled Quark Expeditions to curate a unique Greenland Program in partnership with municipal, regional and national partners, including Tasermiut, a leading outdoor adventure specialist in South Greenland.
An industry first that has been developed in partnership with local communities, the culture and expertise of the people of South Greenland will be integrated into the voyages.
“Ultramarine‘s twin-engine helicopters will transport guests to remote locations for unique adventure options – something no other operator can provide. Aligned with our Polar Promise strategy, all of these activities are developed sustainably with our local partners,” said Alex McNeil, Director of Expedition Experience and Innovation for Quark Expeditions.
Launching in July 2021, the Greenland Adventure: Explore by Sea, Land and Air expedition program comprises of immersive off-ship activities including:
- Helicopter-supported trekking on the vast Greenland Ice Sheet
- Overnight camping (via helicopter transfer) in Tasermiut fjord
- Helicopter-supported kayaking high up in alpine lakes
- Exploring Viking history in South Greenland
- Visits to Kujataa UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Roaming the tundra with a local chef after which guests enjoy an unforgettable meal made from fresh ingredients.
More details at quarkexpeditions.com
Lead image: The Qingua Valley, Greenland