Effective 8 November 2020, current Aeroplan accounts will transition to the transformed program, including existing Aeroplan membership numbers. Aeroplan miles – to be known as “Aeroplan points” – and existing balances of miles will be honoured on a one-to-one basis.
Improved value on flight rewards
The transformed Aeroplan will offer members an integrated experience with the ability to search and redeem for flight rewards at aircanada.com or on the Air Canada app. Other improvements include:
- Every seat, every Air Canada flight, no restrictions – Members can redeem Aeroplan points to purchase any Air Canada seat that is available for sale – no restrictions.
- No cash surcharges on Air Canada flights – Additional airline surcharges, including fuel surcharges, on all flight rewards with Air Canada will be eliminated. Members will pay cash only for taxes and third-party fees (and can even pay for those with Aeroplan points).
- Predictable pricing –Points needed for Aeroplan flight rewards on Air Canada will be based on actual prices in the market. Plan trips easily and confidently with the Points Predictor Tool, which provides an estimated range in Aeroplan points that members will need for their flight rewards.
- Unparalleled global reach – As North America’s most globally connected loyalty program, Aeroplan offers the ability to earn or redeem points on over 35 airlines. This global network comprises among the very best airlines for quality and service in their respective regions and enables members to redeem for flights to over 1,300 destinations. Recent partner additions include Etihad Airways and Azul.
- Points + Cash – Members will have the flexibility to save their Aeroplan points, and pay for a portion of their flight reward in cash.
More options for more members
Aeroplan’s new features include:
- Aeroplan Family Sharing – Members will be able to combine Aeroplan points with others in their household, for free, so they can redeem for travel sooner.
- Earn points whenever you fly – Earn Aeroplan points with every Air Canada flight booked in cash on our website or app, now including Economy Basic fares.
- Upgrade your flight – Members can redeem their Aeroplan points to upgrade to Air Canada Premium Economy or Business Class, whenever those cabins are offered and seats are available. Using the innovative bidding feature, members can name their own price to bid for upgrades.
- Extra perks within reach – Members will be able to use their Aeroplan points for popular extras, such as in-flight Wi-Fi or the ability to relax in Air Canada’s Maple Leaf Lounge.
- Better travel rewards – Members can continue to redeem points for their whole trip, including car rentals, hotel stays and vacations packages.
- Expanded merchandise rewards – Members will enjoy a wider range of reward options including electronics, housewares and much more. Additionally, gift cards will be delivered digitally and will be available faster than ever before.
The transformed Aeroplan will continue to offer six membership levels – entry-level Aeroplan Debut, along with five Elite Status levels: Aeroplan 25K, 35K, 50K, 75K, and Super Elite. All the most popular Elite Status benefits remain, along with some exciting improvements beginning in 2021, including:
- Priority Rewards – Elite Status Members can earn Priority Rewards vouchers entitling them to 50% off the price in points (excluding taxes, third-party fees, and where applicable, a partner booking fee) on eligible flight rewards with Air Canada and its airline partners. Members with Aeroplan 35K Status or higher will automatically receive Priority Rewards when the program launches in November.
- Status Pass – Eligible Elite Status Members can share their benefits, such as priority boarding and lounge access, with friends and family members, even if they are not travelling together.
- Everyday Status Qualification – The Aeroplan points that members earn every day from eligible retail, travel and Aeroplan credit card partners will help members reach Aeroplan Elite Status.
For more information on the new features, or to enrol in the program, see: aircanada.com/aeroplan.