UK based OTT – Online Travel Training has officially launched in Australia and New Zealand, engaging PR & marketing agency, GTI, to grow its travel trade community in the region.
Reaching 23 countries in 15 languages, OTT is a leader in global product information and marketing for the travel and tourism industry. Providing an online travel training platform for suppliers and sellers to connect, it’s the industry’s largest e-learning library for travel agents with destination, aviation, cruise and GDS courses. Today, OTT’s community has more than 185,000 travel agents and tour operators worldwide.
The training courses vary in length with modules covering different themes and include videos and multiple-choice questions to test agents’ knowledge. OTT practices ‘micro-learning’ and although course lengths vary, all courses can be completed within 20 minutes – in line with the human attention span for e-learning. Many of the courses also offer incentives including prizes and famil experiences.
The OTT platform currently offers the below courses for agents with more going live soon:
- Visit Britain: The new course covers England, Scotland and Wales and gives agents tips on planning a range of trips – from short-breaks to self-drives across the nation.
- Setouchi Tourism Authority: This training course will give agents access to discover this part of Japan’s breathtaking landscapes, fascinating history, rich culture and cosmopolitan cities.
- Atlantic Canada and Vancouver: These two training programs explore two of Canada’s most fascinating areas.
- Visit Copenhagen: The Denmark capital’s training dives into the city’s hotspots and cool contrasts.
- In cruising, agents can brush up knowledge on Hapag-Lloyd Cruises, Oceania Cruises and Riviera Travel Cruises.
- OTT has aviation covered with courses currently live on Emirates, Royal Brunei Airlines and United Airlines.
- GDS courses are also available on Amadeus, Sabre, Galileo, IATA, Worldspan and Crew.
Julia Feuell, OTT Managing Director, said the launch in Australia and New Zealand was a direct response to the highly engaged travel professionals in this market.
“Many of the travel industry’s suppliers are global and we consistently saw a demand for courses outside of the UK,” said Feuell. “When we initially offered the platform in Australia, we found that the travel professionals were really engaged with the content, so we decided to proactively expand our training courses in Australia and New Zealand, with the help of GTI.”
Expansion Down Under will include increasing agent registrations and commencing regular communications with the existing Aussie and Kiwi agent community. This month saw the first newsletter go out to Aussie and Kiwi agents and the launch of OTT’s Australia & New Zealand Facebook page. The monthly newsletter will be ongoing and be an update on new courses, competitions and prize incentives, news, webinars and more.
Agents can join OTT’s community of travel sellers by registering here. To see all the product training and courses, prizes and find out more about OTT, click here.
For travel suppliers seeking more information about becoming a partner of OTT, please reach out to Jessica Luxton, Jessica.Luxton@gtitourism.com.au.
Lead image: Hapag Lloyd Cruises