Hurtigruten is offering Antarctica All-Inclusive Packages with flights for Australians – a first for the expedition specialist – with fares starting from $10,999* per person available until 18 December 2020.
The packages offer travellers the chance to experience the glaciers, icebergs and wildlife of earth’s most remote location in a more sustainable way.
More than 60 departures across a range of different itineraries are available across the 2021/22/23 seasons. Voyages include the opportunity to spend the night on an Antarctic beach in a tent, to get up close and personal with playful penguins who have no fear of humans and to hike among rugged landscapes. If conditions are right, other memorable adventures can include the possibility of seeing a solar eclipse in Antarctica with an expert astronomer, or kayaking and ice cruising in Antarctica, the Falklands and South Georgia.
“Adventure is at the heart of any Antarctic voyage and I think all travellers will be looking for a truly remote escape in the coming year,” said Damian Perry, Managing Director of Hurtigruten Asia Pacific.
“Antarctica is one of the last untouched regions on the planet, providing visitors with the opportunity to experience, learn, be awed and inspired. Our expedition team members are the best in the industry and have an in-depth knowledge of Antarctica gained from many years travelling and working on the frozen continent, plus we, as a company, have 125 years’ experience in polar waters.
“We wanted to make the White Continent more accessible to those who may have Antarctica on their bucket list but thought it was out of reach. The All-Inclusive Package is one of those rare opportunities to have flights from any major Australian city to South America included, as well as having transfers and pre- and post-accommodation taken care of. Our ‘Book With Confidence’ guarantee means travellers can plan their Antarctic voyage in advance with peace of mind,” Perry said.
Hurtigruten is committed to the highest standards of seamanship and an environmentally friendly operation. The cruise line has one of the lowest carbon footprints of all expedition voyages to the Antarctic region.
Guests can choose to sail on board the world’s first hybrid-powered expedition ships, MS Roald Amundsen and MS Fridtjof Nansen. The Scandinavian ships are the first of their kind with lower emissions by using hybrid battery power propulsion. The innovative, sustainable technology reduces fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. Guests can also sail on the legendary MS Fram on longer sailings and alternative itineraries.
In addition to premium on-board dining, a pleasing Scandi aesthetic and modern facilities, the Science Centres on board Hurtigruten’s Antarctic expedition ships offer a comprehensive program of lectures from experts. Combined with state-of-the-art equipment, guests can be truly hands-on with scientific research.
An example of on-board research includes the Sea Leopard Project, a non-profit study aimed at better understanding the behaviour, ecology, and population dynamics of leopard seals on the Antarctic Peninsula. Hurtigruten travellers can choose to participate and support much of the citizen science work conducted on Antarctic journeys.
For further information visit www.hurtigruten.com.au
Highlight cruises in Hurtigruten’s upcoming Antarctic seasons:
- Highlights of the Frozen Continent (starting from $10,999 per person twin share), the ‘fast track’ itinerary sailing MS Fridtjof Nansen on a 14-day voyage from Ushuaia return
- MS Roald Amundsen offers an Antarctic Deep Dive on the Antarctica, Chilean Fjords and Falklands – Great Explorers and Wildlife itinerary, a 20-day journey exploring further into the Antarctic Peninsula
- For the bucket list item, MS Fram takes on a Southern Ocean immersion, exploring the Falklands, untouched South Georgia and the Antarctic Peninsula on the 25-day voyage Antarctica, Falkland, South Georgia – The Ultimate Expedition
Antarctica All-Inclusive Packages feature:
- International flights ex AU/NZ (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Christchurch)
- Local charter flights
- Additional pre and post Accommodation to experience South America
- All transfers
- Expedition jacket & environmentally-friendly water bottle
- Free WIFI
- Premium onboard inclusions
- Mealtime drinks package
- Book With Confidence offer
- Landings, activities and expedition boat cruising
- Citizen Science Project participation and lectures
- Upgrade options and extras available
Hurtigruten’s Book With Confidence offer provides customers with security, which is currently valid for bookings until 31 December 2020.
Note: A $300 per person supplement applies for Adelaide, Perth, Cairns, Darwin, Hobart, Launceston, Canberra and Wellington.
Lead image: Orne Harbour, Antarctica | credit: Ingemund Skålnes