Flynn, a Crystalbrook Collection Hotel, officially opened this week in Cairns. The third property in the Crystalbrook portfolio in the Far North Queensland city, Flynn was initially expected to debut in April this year. Border closures due to the pandemic saw the opening postponed, until now.
“Crystalbrook Collection is an integral part of the cultural landscape of Cairns, and we are thrilled to complete the trio in Far North Queensland with the opening of Flynn,” said Geoff York, CEO and Group Director of Crystalbrook Collection.
“With the hope that all Australians will be welcome in Queensland by Christmas, the opening of Flynn is part of our ongoing commitment to support and invest in the Australian tourism industry.”
Situated on the Cairns Esplanade Boardwalk, Flynn features 311 rooms and suites, two glass pools, an Eléme Day Spa and 24-hour gym.
The ground-level restaurant, Boardwalk Social, opened in January. The hotel’s signature restaurant, Flynn’s Italian, will begin trading in coming months.
Also set to join Cairns’ flourishing food and beverage scene will be Flynn’s sophisticated Whiskey and Wine Bar, featuring an expansive selection from boutique Australian whiskey producers, local and imported wines, home-style delicacies, and a spread of modern Australian snacks.
Coupled with Riley and Bailey, the Australian hospitality company now offers a whopping 877 room and suites in Cairns. Its current portfolio, including Flynn, also includes:
- Riley, a Crystalbrook Collection Resort, Cairns, Queensland
- Little Albion, a Crystalbrook Collection Boutique Hotel, Sydney, New South Wales
- Byron at Byron, a Crystalbrook Collection Resort, Byron Bay, New South Wales
- Bailey, a Crystalbrook Collection Hotel and Residence, Cairns, Queensland
- Kingsley, a Crystalbrook Collection Hotel, Newcastle, New South Wales – opening April 2021
All images supplied