Oceania Cruises has revealed a whopping 180-day voyage aboard Insignia for 2023 that will visit 27 islands and 33 countries across four continents.
On sale from 28 January 2021, the 2023 Around the World cruise will operate roundtrip from San Francisco on 15 January, sailing across 13 seas and visiting 96 destinations in Alaska, China, Southeast Asia, Africa and South and Central America.
Guests will have a myriad of in-depth and immersive experiences, with multi-day stays in 20 ports of call including an unprecedented opportunity to witness the splendour of Antarctica first-hand with three full days cruising in Admiralty Bay, Paradise Bay, and Half Moon Island.
“We now know how irreplaceable these experiences are and cherish the privilege of travel more than ever,” Bob Binder, President and Chief Executive Officer of Oceania Cruises, said.
“Travel connects us through shared experiences, creates lifelong bonds, and enriches us in ways we never would have imagined. That was the mindset that guided us in crafting this epic around the world voyage for our guests.”
The itinerary provides access to more than 60 UNESCO World Heritage sites and the opportunity to take part in five included shoreside events. They are:
- An Argentinian Cultural Exposition in Buenos Aires including an equestrian show, tango lesson and fine food and wine, capped off by a grand display of music and dance.
- An afternoon at the renowned Boschendal Winery in Cape Town with an elaborate farmer’s market featuring exquisite cuisine, Boschendal’s acclaimed wines and live music.
- An evening at Al Maha Desert Dune in the Arabian Desert outside of Dubai where guests take part in the ultimate Bedouin experience. The experience involves tribal music and dance, a private falcon show, and an exquisite dinner under the stars catered by the famed Al Maha Luxury Resort and Spa.
- A Burmese Monk Donation Ceremony in Yangon, Myanmar. During this once-in-a-lifetime experience, guests have the privilege of witnessing one of the most sacred rituals of Buddhism – the Donation Ceremony. At the ceremony, travellers will make a special contribution in support of over 200 robed monks present along with more than 100 villagers. Afterwards, guests will enjoy an elaborate spread of canapes and refreshments accompanied by traditional music and dance.
- A candlelit evening at Vung Duc Cave in the UNESCO World Heritage site of Ha Long Bay, outside of Hanoi. The evening begins with a captivating welcome Dragon Dance, followed by an ethereal candlelit dinner show featuring local entertainers and music. Guests will be treated to an elaborate feast of local delicacies accompanied by specially selected wine pairings.
All guests on the Around the World in 180 Days voyage will receive their choice of either 64 free shore excursions, a beverage package, or a US$6,400 shipboard credit.
In addition, all guests will receive Oceania Cruises’ Exclusive Prestige Package which includes:
- Free pre-paid gratuities – a value of up to US$8,200
- Free onboard medical care
- Free unlimited internet
- Free laundry services
- Free exclusive shoreside events
- Free 1-night pre-cruise luxury hotel stay in the port of embarkation
- Free transfer between hotel and ship
- Free US$1,000 shipboard credit per Stateroom
Savour the Experience and Sail Longer
For guests who wish to extend their travels, Oceania Cruises offers travellers the ability to extend their Around The World experience, up to a total of 218 days.
15 January, 2023: San Francisco to San Francisco – 180 days (core itinerary)
15 January, 2023: San Francisco to New York – 200 days
28 December, 2022: Miami to San Francisco – 198 days
28 December, 2022: Miami to Miami – 214 days
28 December, 2022: Miami to New York – 218 days