Aurora Expeditions’ new expedition program in Australia, Commonwealth Bay and the Ross Sea (East Antarctica) will go on sale on Thursday 11 March 2021.
Operating between June 2021 and running through until March 2022, the program represents the first time in Aurora Expeditions’ history, it will offer a full season of cruises in the region.
The activity program includes sea kayaking, paddling in clear bottom kayaks, snorkelling (including with Sea Lions in Hopkins Island and Dolphins in Kangaroo Island), scuba diving, shark diving, climbing, helicopter rides over incredible waterfalls and more.
The Ross Sea & Commonwealth Bay will be uniquely accessible from Australia and is being offered exclusively by Aurora Expeditions on a selection of voyages, operating as a roundtrip voyage from Hobart.
Aurora Expeditions has confirmed plans to utilise its purpose-built expedition ship, the MV Greg Mortimer, for the program.
“This extensive season brings many firsts for Aurora Expeditions and we couldn’t be more excited to take our expeditioners on these once in a lifetime voyages to explore our spectacular backyard,” said Aurora Expeditions CEO, Monique Ponfoort.
Itineraries include the:
- 13-day Kimberley in Depth operating between Darwin and Broome (and vice versa);
- 11-day Kimberley Coast, also operating between Darwin and Broome;
- 11-day Kimberley Explorer, roundtrip from Broome;
- 10-day Ningaloo Reef Adventure, roundtrip from Broome;
- 13-day Western Australia & the Coral Coast, from Broome to Fremantle
- 12-day Southern Australia Coastal Discovery, from Fremantle to Adelaide
- 7-day Kangaroo Island Explorer, roundtrip from Adelaide
- 8-day Kangaroo Island & The Tasman Sea
- 7-day Bass Strait Islands & East Coast Discovery between Hobart and Melbourne
- 14-day Tasmania Circumnavigation, roundtrip from Hobart
- 10-day Tasmania South East Coast Discovery, roundtrip from Hobart
- 25-day Mawson’s Antarctica, roundtrip from Hobart
- 26-day Antarctica featuring the Ross Sea, roundtrip from Hobart
- 18-day Subantarctic Discovery, roundtrip from Hobart
View all the itineraries and register client interest at auroraexpeditions.com.au/expressions-of-interest-australia/
Lead image: Saltwater crocodile, Kimberley | credit: Darren Jew (supplied)