MSC Cruises has elevated its MSC Yacht Club luxury concept aboard the recently delivered MSC Virtuosa and upcoming MSC Seashore.
Both ships are extended versions of their sister ships and as such has enabled the expansion of the MSC Yacht Club to allow for more public space and even more outdoor space. In particular, MSC Seashore will feature the largest MSC Yacht Club to-date with almost 3,000 square-metres of private space.
First launched in 2008 and now available on more than half of the MSC Cruises fleet, the “ship within a ship” MSC Yacht Club struck a chord with guests seeking a premium cruise experience, by offering the benefits of a private club with exclusivity and privacy, whilst providing the wealth of leisure and entertainment possibilities that a larger ship has to offer.
Designed to make guests feel like a VIP, the MSC Yacht Club all-inclusive experience is fully personalised with a 24-hour butler, while a dedicated concierge is on-hand to facilitate any request from organising private shore excursions, making reservations for the spa through to arranging for the newspaper to be brought to the cabin each morning.
Sparkling Swarovski staircases in the atrium greet guests as they enter instantly set the tone for the sophistication and glamour that can be expected throughout.
The MSC Yacht Club boasts the best uninterrupted panoramic views from the very front of the ship and guests can really make the most of this whilst relaxing in comfort in the chic Top Sail Lounge. Serving unlimited complimentary drinks and gourmet canapés throughout the day and evening – guests sit back and relax with a glass of champagne or a favourite drink and watch the world drift by.
Indulge in a traditional afternoon tea after a morning’s sightseeing or while away the evening with a speciality cocktail in hand whilst listening to live music. The lounge has something special to offer guests from morning to night. Meanwhile, the private fine-dining restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with an a la carte menu with chef’s specials that changes daily, with a wide choice of gourmet dishes complemented by an extensive wine list, served in sublime surroundings with impeccable service.
The private sundeck and pool is spacious with plenty of areas to enjoy from relaxing in the sun on a comfortable sun lounger, unwinding in one of the shady cabanas whilst reading a book, or taking a break in a whirlpool bath with the soothing bubbles through to enjoying a cocktail or light bite from the well-stocked bar and grill.
MSC Seashore features the grandest and most luxurious MSC Yacht Club in the fleet
Spread over four decks the MSC Yacht Club on MSC Seashore has been enhanced to become the largest;
- The entrance to the Yacht Club will be even more remarkable and glamourous, featuring a three-deck 46 square-metre back-lit Onyx wall and MSC Cruises’ signature sparkling Swarovski staircases. Connecting four decks, making guests feel like a true VIP as they enter the Yacht Club.
- The private pool area and sun deck is more spacious than ever. Extended to 2,000 sqm, offering a larger private pool and a new panoramic whirlpool with eight seats and individual jets plus a standard whirlpool
- Choose from 131 suites with five different categories, including the traditional interior, deluxe and royal suites as well as 41 newly introduced deluxe grand suites, with extra space and a walk-in closet, plus two brand new Owner’s Suites.
- The Owner’s Suites are the showpiece of the MSC Yacht Club – the largest suites on the ship with 98 square-metres of space, unrivalled comfort with an extended private balcony with a whirlpool and outdoor living area, panoramic glass wall for impressive sea views as well as a separate dining and living room area.
- From November 2021, MSC Seashore will call at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve in The Bahamas and MSC Yacht Club guests will also benefit from privileges ashore including a private beach and Ocean House, serving all-inclusive drinks and food.
The enhanced MSC Yacht Club VIP experience MSC Virtuosa
- Choose from 103 exclusive suites including two MSC Yacht Club Royal Suites with a private whirlpool bath on a large balcony and eight new MSC Yacht Club Duplex Suites.
- The Duplex Suites span two decks – the first has an open living and dining area with a sofa that converts to a double bed, as well as a bathroom with a shower, while the second level holds the master bedroom and a bathroom with a tub. For the ultimate in luxurious living, each Duplex Suite has a large private balcony with its own whirlpool bath.
- The MSC Yacht Club on MSC Virtuosa offers 1,225 square-metres of outdoor space with a private pool area with a spacious solarium, shady cabanas and whirlpool baths.
The MSC Yacht Clube benefits
An all-inclusive experience with a host of privileges:
- Dedicated priority check-in and check-out as well as priority departure and return on excursion days.
- 24-hour butler service and dedicated concierge, which makes the cruising experience truly personal and tailored to each individual guest’s needs.
- Unlimited drinks and dining within the Yacht Club.
- Inclusion of the ‘Browse Internet’ package with unlimited data for two devices.
- Complimentary access to the Thermal Suite in the MSC Aurea Spa.
- Tailormade experiences from shopping to excursions.
- Nespresso coffee machine in each suite and complimentary mini bar, personalised with each guests’ preferences.
- Room service so that guests can enjoy a lazy morning with breakfast in bed
- Other personal touches such as a luggage unpacking and packing service, newspaper delivered to the cabin each day and something different delivered at turndown each night – a different selection of sweet or savoury canapés each day
Feel like a VIP in the exquisite private facilities:
- Dedicated, private area of the ship accessible only to MSC Yacht Club guests.
- The best location of suites with between 70 and 103 suites, featuring a pillow menu and Egyptian cotton sheets with memory-foam mattresses for the most comfortable night’s sleep.
- Panoramic Top Sail Lounge with bar, afternoon tea service, light bites available day and night and live entertainment in the evening.
- Gourmet restaurant with a la carte dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner where guests can dine at a time that is convenient to them.
- A private and spacious pool deck that offers whirlpool baths and sunbathing area and an outdoor bar, guests can enjoy the very best view on board across the bow of the ship and out to sea.
The MSC Yacht Club is available on all Fantasia, Meraviglia, and Seaside class ships.
MSC Seashore is slated to commence service from 1 August 2021 offering a six-night Mediterranean voyage from Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy.
Lead image: MSC Seashore, New Owner’s Suite – all images supplied