Abercrombie & Kent has introduced a new collection of small group escapes, initially offered from Adelaide and Melbourne, with more escapes also in the pipeline.
The A&K Luxury Weekend getaways “offer the perfect immersive discovery of some of Australia’s most appealing, and accessible, regions,” the luxury travel company said.
“Whether travellers are drawn to inspiring art, epicurean delights or indigenous heritage, they will be thrilled by engaging encounters with local personalities, rare culinary and cultural events and exclusive behind the scenes experiences on these exclusive getaways.”
The escapes introduce guests to locals who provide a privileged insider’s look at each location visited, revealing it in a way no one else can. The one-off departures only have limited space so early booking is encouraged.
Insider’s Yarra Valley: A Weekend Escape
A weekend of epicurean delights and captivating cultural discovery awaits guests on A&K’s Insider’s Yarra Valley. Taste your way through some of the region’s finest vineyards, admire a significant private collection of Australian modern art and savour some rare dining experiences which are sure to surprise and delight.
The esteemed Dr Lois Peeler, Principal of Worawa Aboriginal College, is a captivating guest speaker who will share inspiring stories over dinner from her remarkable life before welcoming guests to the College for an immersion in indigenous history and traditions.
- Enjoy exclusive access to Worawa College with Dr Lois Peeler and be enthralled by a Welcome to Country, Smoking Ceremony and indigenous dance demonstration
- Indulge in private wine tastings at Tarrawarra Estate and Domaine Chandon, exploring the rolling vineyards
- Enjoy a private guided tour of the Tarrawarra Museum of Art which houses much of the significant Besen Family private collection of modern and contemporary works
- Savour iconic local wines during a visit to Levantine Hill where a Mediterranean feast and guided cellar door experience are highlights
Accommodation is at Chateau Yering, a luxury country retreat located on one of the oldest and most iconic wine farms in the region.
Dates: 21- 23 May 2021
Price: $2,130 per person twin-share, $495 single supplement.
Insider’s Adelaide: Art & Heritage
In Adelaide, guests join curator and cultural historian Kenneth Park on a discovery of the city’s art scene, its history and its singular epicurean delights. A seasonal feast with spectacular river views at Jolleys Boathouse on the banks of the River Torrens is a fitting start to the weekend before taking in, the next day, a private tour of the Gallery of South Australia, paired with lunch in one of the gallery’s impressive private spaces.
- Indulge in a seasonal feast and spectacular river views dining at Jolleys Boathouse on the banks of the River Torrens
- Enjoy a private tour of the Gallery of South Australia, paired with a delicious lunch overlooking the picturesque courtyard
- Tour landscape artist Hans Heysen’s studio and family home at The Cedars, and take tea in the rambling country garden
- Step into Australian winemaking history at Seppeltsfield, with lunch and a cellar tour before blending your own wine in the laboratory at Penfolds
Accommodation is at the newly opened EOS by Skycity, Adelaide.
Dates: 28-31 May 2021 | Up to 18 guests
Price: $2,400 per person twin share, $625 single supplement