Celebrity Cruises has revealed a new luxury program of wellness that will be offered aboard Celebrity Beyond, the third Edge-Class ship launching in 2022.
Creating a ‘sanctuary at sea,’ Celebrity says the offerings rival the best spa resorts on land and have been designed to promote holistic wellness of the mind, body and spirit. It will include:
- New AquaClass SkySuites
- New onboard wellness programming for yoga, meditation, strength, stretch and cardio
- An expanded partnership with modern lifestyle brand goop
- The popular functional 45-minute class from Australia’s F45 Training
- A collection of offerings in The Spa (designed by Kelly Hoppen CBE), featuring the SEA Thermal Suite with eight different types of relaxation rooms and more than 120 spa treatments.
“Wellness is so fundamental to our philosophy at Celebrity Cruises that we continue to build and grow a truly special onboard experience where it is woven into every aspect of the guest journey, from the stateroom to the spa,” said Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lutoff-Perlo.
“In true Celebrity Cruises fashion, we have chosen to work with best-in-class partners in every category to deliver a holistic program designed to improve the well-being of the guest’s mind, body, and spirit,” said Brian Abel, Celebrity’s Senior Vice President of Hotel Operations.
“The response to our AquaClass offerings has been phenomenal and we know this new program, designed for modern travellers, will exceed all expectations.”
New for the brand on Celebrity Beyond are AquaClass SkySuites, an immersive living experience with floor-to-ceiling ocean views, private verandas, luxurious bedding and other wellness amenities, designed by multi-award winning designer Kelly Hoppen CBE.
The new suites combine the best of the brand’s AquaClass offerings with the luxurious spaces, services and amenities of The Retreat, the exclusive resort-within-a-resort area for suite guests with a private sundeck, private lounge and private restaurant, Luminae, creating the ultimate relaxing and rejuvenating vacation.
Some of the wellness amenities infused into the AquaClass SkySuite experience include:
- Access to Blu, a restaurant designed to nourish and fuel the body with delicious clean cuisine and plant-based options, including sustainable seafood dishes, biodynamic wines and the Beyond Burger, among other offerings
- Complimentary, unlimited access to the onboard SEA Thermal Suite
- A spa concierge, preferential rates on spa packages, priority spa reservations and an onboard spa credit and fitness class credit
- An in-room fitness menu with a selection of items, some hand-picked and provided by goop.
Also designed by Kelly Hoppen CBE, and with services and wellness programming developed by OneSpaWorld, The Spa on Celebrity Beyond offers a next-level wellness experience featuring the best ways to look and feel good and an array of innovative new firsts in wellness, beauty and fitness.
Complementing The Spa’s 120+ rejuvenating treatments is a new collection of 12 destination-inspired therapies from locations Celebrity’s ships visit. From Caribbean coconut to jade from the Far East, and from Alaskan mud to Baltic soapstone, guests can immerse in local rituals from various ports of call and experience ingredients indigenous to these regions.
At the heart of The Spa experience on Celebrity Beyond is the SEA Thermal Suite, a collection of eight distinct spaces perfect for relaxing before or after spa treatments or fitness classes. An unrivalled playground for the senses, guests can retreat to the Mist Aroma Steam and Desert Infrared Sauna rooms; unwind on the heated loungers conveniently positioned with panoramic views of the ocean; refresh under the Rainfall Water Therapy room offering simulated water showers ranging from warm to cool and light to waterfall pressure; restore in the Crystalarium as the natural Amethyst crystal serves as conduit for healing energy; relax in light steam inside the Hamman Turkish Bath, a modern take on the traditional ritual; and do nothing but float while nestled in a basket chair in the Float Zen Zone.
Top Influencers Design a Unique Wellness Program at Sea
In collaboration with OneSpaWorld, Celebrity Cruises also introduces the first-at-sea “Women in Wellness” program, bringing together some of the wellness world’s leading minds and practitioners to curate spa treatments, mind-body wellness activations, fitness classes and stateroom TV programming.
These authorities in the wellness industry have trailblazed in their fields and joined forces to cultivate a program centred around the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of today’s modern traveler. The women include:
- Katie Brauer – Founder of the Yoga Professional and creator of new onboard Yoga Flow classes
- Noella Gabriel – Co-Founder and Global President of Elemis, and skin and body care expert
- Kiki Koroshetz – Wellness Director at goop, content and activation contributor
- Morgan Mitchell – Australian Sprinter and F45 Training Athlete and guide to F45 onboard
- Kimberly Snyder – Founder of lifestyle brand Solluna and creator of onboard meditation series
- Ruth Zukerman – the Co-Founder of SoulCycle® and FlyWheel Sports; guide to onboard cycling
Enhancing the Women in Wellness program and expanding on the partnership formed in 2020 with goop, the brand’s Wellness Director Kiki Koroshetz will contribute to onboard wellness offerings, curating mindfulness content for stateroom TV and other special programming.
Forging a community-centric culture at the Fitness Center, F45 Training is also expanding its popular workout first featured on Celebrity Apex and now set for a debut on Celebrity Beyond.
Fitness will also be available in guest staterooms through a new in-room fitness menu including hand-picked items provided by goop. And, for those looking to add essential vitamins and minerals to their diet, the goop team has also created a special goop smoothie that will be available onboard.
Celebrity Beyond will depart on her maiden voyage on 27 April 2022 from Southampton, England on a 10-night Western Europe cruise visiting Bordeaux, France; Lisbon, Portugal; and Seville, Malaga, Palma de Mallorca and Barcelona, Spain. She will then offer a variety of Mediterranean journeys through early October, when she then heads to the Caribbean.