With over 20 years’ experience conducting polar luxury expeditions, choice of itineraries varying from 7 to 21 night voyages, departures from both Ushuaia and Dunedin to explore both sides of Antarctica, and five modern compact ice-rated ships dedicated to Antarctica, it is no wonder that PONANT is the reference point for travellers and travel advisors alike planning that trip of a lifetime.
In order to provide a wide range of voyage options, PONANT has announced 19 expeditions to Antarctica between 2022 and 2023. These expeditions all include the unmissable Antarctic Peninsula, plus, on longer voyages, the opportunity to visit the Falkland Islands, South Orkney Islands and South Georgia.
While PONANT successfully merges luxury with adventure, these are true expeditions, with regular ship to shore excursions accompanied by specialist polar expedition teams and guest lecturers.
Following in the wake of polar explorers, guests will wonder at the world’s largest icebergs and vast numbers of wildlife: fur seals, penguins, albatross, elephant seals, orcas and whales living side by side in this unique land and seascape. Personal discoveries in a spell-binding atmosphere of total serenity unequalled anywhere else on Earth.
Onboard, experience the difference small ship expedition cruising with PONANT offers, with a unique blend of French-inspired luxury and relaxation. Take a dip in the heated swimming pool, enjoy spa therapy to ease tired muscles or simply as a pampering indulgence. An inclusive Open Bar provides the chance to relax with a beer, wine, champagne or perhaps, a cocktail. A Negroni drizzled over Antarctic ice anyone? Later, the choice of fine cuisine, the flavours complemented with world-class wines.
What price, memories?
Examples of the 19 Antarctic expedition voyages available during 2022 and 2023:
- Emblematic Antarctica: Popular 10-night expedition featuring the Antarctic Peninsula.
Eleven departures – between November 2022 and February 2023, plus, includes return flights from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia.
- Pricing from AU$12,600 per person* twin share in a Superior Stateroom. Up to 30% Ponant Bonus savings currently available. (Note: No single supplement solo travel available on 3 departures including 1 in conjunction with National Geographic Expeditions.)
- The Great Austral Loop: Definitive 15-night expedition includes the Peninsula, South Georgia, and the Falklands. Five departures – 5, 7, 17 and 22 November 2022, and 29 January 2023, plus, includes return flights from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia.
- Pricing from AU$16,620 per person* twin share in a Superior Stateroom. Up to 30% Ponant Bonus savings currently available.
- The Great Adventure: Only one departure, 5 March 2023. This 15-night expedition includes the Antarctic Peninsula, plus South Georgia en route to Montevideo. Includes one-way flight Buenos Aires to Ushuaia.
- Pricing from AU$12,910 per person* twin share in a Superior Stateroom. Up to 30% Ponant Bonus savings currently available. (Note: No single supplement solo travel currently available on 5 March 2023.)
For those keen to travel sooner, PONANT also offers an adventurous alternate itinerary with a close-to-home departure point, Dunedin, New Zealand. During January and February 2022 there will be two Antarctic expeditions, both heading to the Ross Sea with the aim to view the historic huts of polar explorers Scott, Shackleton and Borchgrevink.
- Discover Antarctica from New Zealand – Scott & Shackleton’s Antarctic Ross Sea Expedition: Depart/return Dunedin. The 21-night voyage includes Campbell Island, Macquarie Island and The Snares Subantarctic islands. Two departures: 13 January 2022 and 3 February 2022.
- Pricing from AU$27,370 per person twin share in a Superior Stateroom.
First-time PONANT cruisers save AU$800* per stateroom or AU$400* per stateroom for single occupancy.
For details of all PONANT voyages (including cruises with no single supplement), current pricing and shore excursion highlights, visit au.ponant.com or contact PONANT’s Cruise Consultants on 1300 737 178 (Australia), or firstname.lastname@example.org
*Terms and Conditions: All advertised prices are based on the Ponant Bonus fare per person, in Australian Dollars (AUD), based on a double occupancy in the best available category, including port taxes and transfer, yield managed, correct at time of writing – 10/06/2021, are subject to availability and can be changed at any time. Welcome Offer: AUD$800 discount is per stateroom based on double occupancy in Australian Dollars (AUD). Offer valid for guests travelling with PONANT for the first time. More terms and conditions apply; No Single Supplement Offer: a limited number of double staterooms in certain categories are available to solo travellers at no extra cost on a selection of our cruises, subject to availability and can change or be removed at any time, more terms and conditions apply. Refer to au.ponant.com for full terms and conditions. ABN: 35 166 676 517.
Lead image: King Penguin, Golden hour, South Georgia © Studio PONANT/Olivier Blaud