Crystal Expedition Cruises has today [Friday 18 June] previewed its full roster of 2023 voyages as well as two early January 2024 itineraries for its luxury expedition yacht Crystal Endeavor.
The program aboard the soon-to-launch Polar Class Six, all-suite, all-verandah ship will feature 27 itineraries that range from 10 to 28 nights.
On Crystal Endeavor’s agenda are sailings to the Arctic and Antarctic; South America; Cape Verde and the Canary Islands; the Mediterranean and Western Europe; the British and Scottish Isles; Iceland and the Faroe Islands; Norway, the North Cape and Svalbard; the Russian Arctic and the Northeast Passage; Japan; the Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia’s Raja Ampat archipelago; and Australia.
In Australian waters Crystal Endeavor will offer two itineraries at the end of 2023 and into 2024: a 16-night ‘remote expedition’ from Bali to Cairns that departs on 17 December, followed by a 14-night ‘destination exploration’ from Cairns to Hobart (which incorporates sailing on the Great Barrier Reef and the Whitsundays), departing on 23 December. The latter voyage also includes two nights in Sydney, including New Year’s Eve in the Harbour City.
Crystal Endeavor will then fulfil its original inaugural program and offer two Antarctic voyages from Australia and New Zealand in January 2024. That program includes dual Antarctica & The Ross Sea sailings, classed as ‘Remote Expeditions’, from Hobart to Dunedin on 6 January, followed by a reverse itinerary that ends back in Hobart on 18 February 2024.
From the Tasmanian capital, Crystal Endeavor‘s future plans beyond mid-February 2024 remain under wrap, however, it is reasonable to assume the expedition ship will offer subsequent sailings in local waters. Crystal Expedition Cruises’ initial plan for March 2021 saw Endeavor scheduled to sail across the Great Australian Bight after its Antarctica sailing from Melbourne to Perth.
2023 Program Highlights
Itinerary highlights include a variety of unique polar expeditions including rare explorations of the remote Ross Sea in Antarctica and an epic 19-night expedition to the Falklands, South Georgia & Antarctica showcasing all the region’s major highlights in one spectacular journey. A transit of the Northeast Passage reveals untouched lands teeming with wildlife, while expeditions to Russia’s Franz Josef Land and Novaya Zemlya offer a chance to see polar bears, walrus, whales, seals and Arctic foxes.
Immersive cultural journeys of Japan in the autumn season explore historical sites, famous gardens and landscapes dressed in a symphony of red, yellow and orange foliage. Crystal Endeavor cruises the River Thames close to Tower Bridge in London, docks in the city centre in Edinburgh and cruises into the heart of Seville, Rouen and Bordeaux.
Crystal Endeavor‘s 2023/24 Program in a nutshell
- 5 consecutive remote expeditions explore Antarctica, the Antarctic Peninsula, the Falkland Islands and South Georgia beginning in January through March 2023 | Departures on 7 and 18 January, 6 and 17 February and 3 March 2023.
- 2 remote Ross Sea expeditions in Antarctica in early January 2024 | Dates as mentioned above.
- 2 South America voyages | Departures on 18 and 28 March 2023
- 2 Mediterranean voyages | Departures on 12 and 23 April 2023
- 3 voyages in Western Europe & the British Isles | Departures on 5, 15 and 26 May 2023
- 3 voyages in the Faroe Islands, Iceland & Svalbard | Departures on 9 and 21 June, and 1 July 2023
- 3 voyages in Russia feature Remote Expeditions | Departures on 16 July, 2 and 30 August 2023
- 4 voyages in Japan | Departures on 16 September, 3 and 20 October, and 5 November 2023
- and, 3 voyages exploring Indonesia & Australia | Departures on 21 November, 7 and 23 December 2023
After numerous setback and delays, the 200-passengers Crystal Endeavor is scheduled to launch its highly-anticipated inaugural cruise to Iceland from Reykjavik next month.
Reservations for Crystal Endeavor’s 2023/2024 voyages open 24 June 2021.