Seabourn will now include WiFi aboard its ships as part of the ultra-luxury onboard inclusive experience.
Seabourn now includes complimentary WiFi with unlimited minutes for all bookings so guests can access the internet throughout their voyage from anywhere on the ship.
Two tiers of internet packages are available across Seabourn’s fleet:
- Surf Wi-Fi Package: allows 1 device per guest with unlimited minutes of access for general web browsing, email, and checking or posting to social media accounts.
- Stream Wi-Fi Package: this upgraded package allows up to four devices per guest with unlimited minutes of access to web services offered in the Surf package, plus access to video streaming, internet telephony as well as VPN/cloud storage services.
Guests booked in Penthouse and Premium suite categories, as well as Seabourn Club members who have reached Diamond-level status or above, will automatically receive the Stream package. Those who are booked in Ocean View and Veranda suites can upgrade to the Stream package for a nominal charge.
Seabourn said the change will affect bookings made with a WiFi promotion included, but the new offering is viewed as better value.
“If you have clients with a current booking that included a limited-minute WiFi promotion, they will now have the Surf WiFi package that offers unlimited minutes of access associated with their booking,” the cruise line said.
Seabourn Source updates
Further, Seabourn has announced a number of new updates and additions to its ‘Seabourn Source’ mobile app.
Accessible to all guests on a complimentary basis and available to download prior to a sailing, Seabourn Source is now enables guests to manage and plan their Seabourn cruise with intuitive, up-to-the-minute access to daily details of their voyage via smart phone, tablet or laptop.
Some updates are especially convenient, including access to digital dining menus at the dining venues throughout every Seabourn ship, as well as retrieving digital boarding passes to expedite the pier embarkation experience. The mobile app also lets guests prepare the required health assessment for each member of their party within three days of embarkation.
“Our team has refined our services to be intuitive and personalised, and Seabourn Source is keeping with our goal of providing the most seamless service for the benefit of our guests,” said Gerald Mosslinger, Seabourn’s Senior Vice President of Guest Operations. “Once they’ve downloaded Seabourn Source, our guests will find many ways it will enhance their travel experience to make their voyage easier, more convenient and more enjoyable.”
The app is complimentary to download and use, at home or on board, and is available now at both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
A list of Seabourn Source features and services now includes:
Planning a Seabourn Vacation
- Plan your next Seabourn holiday
- View and count down to booked voyages
- View Future Cruise Credits, deposits and onboard credits available
- Browse and book shore excursions and Spa & Wellness treatments
- Peruse the variety of dining venues
- Access Online Guest Registration
- Retrieve boarding passes
- Complete pre-boarding mandatory Health Questionnaires
- Receive useful information and reminders about upcoming cruises through notifications
During a Seabourn Vacation
- Review The Herald onboard newsletter and schedule the day’s activities
- Access menus for all dining venues through the app or QR code
- Scan the Seabourn Source Pass when leaving and returning to the ship in ports
- Manage and access shore excursion tickets through the app wallet
- Access the Internet
- Review your Onboard Account
- Read hundreds of newspapers and magazines
- Chat with fellow guests
- Manage disembarkation arrangements
After a Seabourn Vacation
- Manage your Seabourn account
- Plan your next vacation
- Review past cruise onboard statements
Seabourn Source operates on the shipboard network, which means users will not incur additional internet or mobile data charges while in use.
Early Bonus Savings extended
Seabourn has also extended its Early Bonus Savings promotion, encouraging travellers to book now and capture additional value while also giving travel advisors more opportunity to earn commissions now.
Guests who book now and pay for their Seabourn booking in full by 30 September 2021, will receive an additional 10% savings off the base cruise fare.
The promotion will now include select sailings that depart on or after 1 February 2022, and also includes voyages through summer 2023 on the line’s fleet of ultra-luxury ships. Destinations include the Caribbean, Panama Canal, Asia, Arabia, Australia and New Zealand, Alaska, Canada & New England, the Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the South Pacific, South America, Antarctica and more.
The Early Bonus Savings can be combined with other promotions to provide even more value. The promotion is available for select voyages and is not valid on World Cruises or Grand Voyages or segments thereof. View the applicable sailings, including terms and conditions, on Seabourn’s website.