Nordic tour specialist 50 Degrees North has partnered with award-winning photographer, David Evans, to launch a brand-new escorted photography tour of Finland and Norway.
Led by the writer and travel, landscape and commercial photographer, the itinerary includes four nights spent in glass igloos. Evans has been spending time in recent years exploring his Finnish and Swedish heritage, including travel throughout Norway, Denmark, Finland and Sweden, in both summer and winter.
Activities and excursions on the eight-day itinerary are tailored towards seeing and capturing the best light and most photogenic locations for the Northern Lights.
Evans will guide guests through many aspects of travel and landscape photography, covering topics such as;
- Perfecting capturing the Northern Lights
- Long exposures
- Post-production of images
- Image review and professional critique
One of 50 Degrees North Scandinavian escorts will also host this journey, taking care of all services throughout the tour program and providing insight into the local culture and history.
Other highlights of the trip include:
- Stays in two unique Northern hotels: the Aurora Village with four nights in glass igloos and the Gamme Cabins in Kirkenes
- Hand-picked winter activities with extended private group experiences including a photography excursion visiting Norwegian coastal landscapes
- Catching Arctic king crab and enjoy a feast afterwards by the fire
- Going aurora borealis hunting by snowmobile and car several times throughout the program
This unique itinerary departs on 3 March 2023 and is limited to just eight passengers and is priced at AU$9,620 per person twin share. 50 Degrees North is a Virtuoso Preferred Tour Operator.
For more details on the itinerary, click here.