DESTINATION OF THE MONTH
WEEK 2 OF 4
Well known for its dramatic landscapes and beautiful beaches, the “Desert Paradise by the Sea” is also one of Mexico’s most exciting culinary destinations. The Los Cabos area, encompassing Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, has commanded the attention of world-renowned chefs and mixologists, who have flocked to the region opening restaurants and bars that celebrate the destination’s diverse culinary traditions.
From fresh seafood and organic farm-to-table experiences, to fusions with cuisines from around the world, Los Cabos is a delicious culinary landscape for those who love authentic Mexican food and also for those who want to try new specialties.
With an expansive menu of amazing venues vying to delight your clients’ tastebuds, we’ve shortlisted a few of our favourite resort dining experiences to look forward to in 2022 and beyond:
Why a foodie fave? Manta is overseen by acclaimed Mexican chef Enrique Olvera, whose Mexico City-based Pujol and New York City restaurant Cosme have been ranked among the World’s 50 best restaurants. Manta celebrates Pacific coast cultures; taking inspiration from Mexico, Peru, Japan and beyond. Chef de cuisine Abisai Sanchez’s has committed to sourcing local and sustainable ingredients from Baja, while maintaining a casual spirit.
››› Our pick: Try the avocado cocktail, one of our favourites at Manta.
- Rooms: 161 Rooms (including villas), all with sweeping ocean views.
- Aesthetic: 1960s coastal Baja meets Southern California, laid-back luxury and surfer chic.
- Location: Right on legendary surf beach, Playa Monumentos, close to Cabo San Lucas.
- Noteworthy: Spectacular views of “El Arco” and one of the best rooftop bars in the world.
Why a foodie fave? More than a restaurant, Cocina de Autor is a sensorial dining experience of fine gastronomy led by two Michelin Star Head Chef Sidney Schutte. He mixes ingredients and styles to create an 8-10 course tasting menu that pairs innovative, creative, and delicious dishes with one of the most extensive wine collections in the region.
››› Our pick: The King Crab here is one of our favourites!
- Rooms: 306 Suites boasting beautiful Sea of Cortez views and 6 two-level wellness suites.
- Aesthetic: Multi-award winning architecture including a unique half-moon design, curved walls, and open-air grand entrance.
- Location: Tourist Corridor, between San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas towns.
- Noteworthy: Holds the AAA Five Diamond award, only all-inclusive Virtuoso property in the destination.
Take a first-hand look at the level of luxury available to your clients in some of Los Cabos’ most luxurious Virtuoso properties and you could win a four-night escape courtesy of Los Cabos Tourism, Zadún A Ritz-Carlton Reserve, and Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal.
By answering a few easy questions, you’ll be included in weekly drawings for an autographed copy “Tu Casa Mi Casa,” the newest cookbook from renowned Mexican chef, Enrique Olvera as well as the grand prize stay in Los Cabos.
Why a foodie fave? Located at one of Mexico’s most exclusive resorts, Arbol takes guests on an exotic and unforgettable journey through Asia. Head Chef Anand Singh showcases the best of the sea with delicate Asian influences and exotic spices from India and the Far East. Alongside tandoor and charcoal ovens, there’s an enticing raw bar teeming with the finest seafood from around the world.
››› Our pick: We’ve heard the curries are to die for!
- Rooms: 84 enchanting suites and villas.
- Aesthetic: Hand-crafted tile mosaic headboards and carved wood furniture by Mexican artisans.
- Location: Tourist Corridor, close to San Jose del Cabo Town.
- Noteworthy: The Service! Every suite receives its own butler, on call 24 hours a day.
Enjoy a night on the town
Even though they may not want to leave, plan a night on the town for your clients in San Jose del Cabo. For years, travellers have been largely unaware of this local gem. Due to its exemplary culinary experiences, San Jose del Cabo has begun to steal the spotlight from the already famous Cabo San Lucas.
Here are a few recommendations that don’t disappoint for any appetite:
- Enjoy a snack of tacos at La Lupita Tacos & Mezcal
- Try something more substantial at Lumbre (pictured), a celebration of fire and food.
- Wash it all down with drinks at La Revolución
››› Extra tip: recommend that clients visit San José del Cabo town on a Thursday night between November and June when the town’s galleries and shops stay open late for the popular weekly Art Walk – a big block party with live music and car-free streets. A perfect way to end the night is by exploring its restaurants and bars.