DESTINATION OF THE MONTH
WEEK 3 OF 4
Once upon a time, a traveller’s idea of wellness encompassed a simple feel-good treatment at a local spa. Today, the idea of wellness has matured into a holistic approach merging an assortment of unique disciplines and specialty therapies. And when it comes to luxurious wellness, the desert paradise by the sea, Los Cabos, stands a cut above the rest with everything you’d expect from a wellness destination and so much more.
Already home to a plethora of ultra-luxe resorts and hotels, it should come as no surprise that the best spas are found inside the resorts. In addition to providing the utmost luxury and privacy, our top picks all blend inspiration from the natural world with local healing techniques to provide authentic, effective and uber-relaxing experiences.
Why a wellness fave? Luna y Mar uses rituals, herbs, and healing to address material, spiritual, and mental health. A range of organic treatments honour Mexican folk healing tradition and have been inspired by the sea and the moon with unique treatments specifically aligned to the current lunar phase. Your clients will love the cleansing foot scrub with local herbs and lime at the beginning of each treatment.
In addition, the Waldorf Astoria Spa hosts more comprehensive wellness excursions, from immersive yoga retreats to Self-Love Retreats, which include breathing sessions, mindfulness workshops and various spa treatments.
››› Our pick: The Awakening Moon Signature Treatment – includes a seaweed and eucalyptus salt scrub, a seaweed wrap and a deep tissue moon massage.
- Rooms: 75 rooms and 40 suites.
- Aesthetic: A Mexican-inspired, cliffside retreat boasting a dramatic 275-metre tunnel entrance.
- Location: Walking distance to downtown Cabo San Lucas.
- Noteworthy: Every room has a plunge pool, ocean view and outdoor patio.
Why a wellness fave? This award-winning, 14-room spa integrates outdoor and indoor spaces for their treatments and is known for its use of local and organic products and ingredients native to the Baja Peninsula such as like aloe, cucumber, avocado, papaya, pineapple, mango, and Baja lime.
The Pasaje de Agua is a complimentary water therapy treatment available to all spa guests. This “don’t miss” experience draws on the tradition of using hot and cold water to rejuvenate the body and mind and includes a warm-spring soaking pool, steam caves and a cool waterfall rinse. The spa also provides complementary fitness classes, including sunset and sunrise yoga, Zumba, TRX and salsa dancing.
››› Our pick: Auberge Attunement – It blends different massage therapies to harmonise and revitalise the body.
- Rooms: 59 casitas & suites, 40 multi-bedroom villas.
- Aesthetic: Cliffside chic, earthy-coloured stucco buildings with palapa roofs and heavy stone.
- Location: Tourist corridor, 15-minutes from Cabo San Lucas.
- Noteworthy: Service is unbeatable, guests keep coming back for generations not only to celebrate family. holidays, but to get married or celebrate life’s special milestones.
Take a first-hand look at the level of luxury available to your clients in some of Los Cabos’ most luxurious Virtuoso properties and you could win a four-night escape courtesy of Los Cabos Tourism, Zadún A Ritz-Carlton Reserve, and Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal.
By answering a few easy questions, you’ll be included in weekly drawings for an autographed copy “Tu Casa Mi Casa,” the newest cookbook from renowned Mexican chef, Enrique Olvera as well as the grand prize stay in Los Cabos.
Spa Montage Los Cabos
Why a wellness fave? The largest wellness centre on the Baja California peninsula, Spa Montage offers 3,700 square metres of treatment rooms, salon facilities, hydrotherapy stations (including steam rooms, hot and cold plunge pools) and other relaxation areas. (The adults-only serenity pool is so enormous it could easily be the main pool at a smaller resort).
Inspired by traditional Mexican folklore, Spa Montage offers a comprehensive range of services and treatments, from indulgent massages and facials to challenging exercise classes and Baja wellness journeys that incorporate a healthy and nutritious menu. In addition, a dedicated menu of treatments for teens ensures that even younger spa-goers can indulge in a little age-appropriate pampering.
››› Our pick: The Jewel of Baja Signature Treatment (Natives from Baja believe in the seductive and healing power of the Damiana endemic plant, known as the Jewel of Baja)
- Rooms: 122 guest rooms & suites, and 52 privately owned Residences.
- Aesthetic: Sleek and quiet, this resorts’ bohemian-leaning aesthetic offers plenty of light woods and contemporary local tchotchkes that perfectly compliment the sweeping turquoise views of the Sea of Cortez.
- Location: Tourist Corridor, half-way between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo town
- Noteworthy: Set on Santa Maria bay, one of the most stunning, swimmable beaches in the destination, an unbeatable location.
Why a wellness fave? Indulge in authentic Mexican ancient healing therapies drawn from thousands of years of tribal knowledge. In addition to world-class amenities, the One&Only Spa combines bespoke rituals and modern techniques with natural ingredients and time-honoured practices to create a sanctuary of holistic wellness and curated restorative journeys.
››› Our pick: Sunrise Purification Ceremony – a spiritual journey by guided meditation that infuses copal incense and medicinal herbs to cleanse aura and mind is paired with the sounds of light drums and ocean waves to bring inner peace and harmony.
- Rooms: 174 rooms, all ocean-facing with butler services and daily breakfast.
- Aesthetic: Classic Mexican ambiance, traditional hacienda style in a lush tropical setting.
- Location: 10 minutes from the quaint town of San Jose del Cabo, 30 minutes from vibrant, downtown Cabo San Lucas.
- Noteworthy: Set on one of few swimmable beaches in the region with complimentary watersports.