Crystal Cruises has offered a sneak-peek at its 2024 World Cruise, a 105-night adventure aboard Crystal Serenity, scheduled to operate for Miami to Rome, visiting 22 countries and making 49 port calls.
The Celebrated Cultures & Treasured Temples itinerary will be Crystal’s 27th World Cruise, visiting destinations including Mexico, French Polynesia, the South Pacific, New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, India, the Red Sea, the Suez Canal; and the Mediterranean isles of Cyprus, Crete and Sicily.
The near circumnavigation will depart Miami on 5 January 2024. Guests who were booked on Crystal’s recently cancelled 2022 World Cruise will enjoy an exclusive booking window from 21 to 30 September 2021. Bookings to the general public will open on 1 October 2021.
“We know our guests will love this new ocean odyssey as it captures just the right mix of luxury, adventure and discovery from the idyllic isles of French Polynesia to the fjords and wine regions of New Zealand to ancient cultures and desert adventures of the Red Sea,” said Jack Anderson, President of Crystal.
“The 2024 World Cruise also includes a generous number of days at sea which our guests love and dare I say demand. Sea days are an open invitation to luxuriate in Crystal’s unmatched service, unwind in the spa, lean into relaxation, and enjoy intriguing lectures, incredible dining and glorious, uninterrupted ocean views with no agenda except la dolce vita.”
The voyage features 14 overnight calls in Panama City, Cabo San Lucas, Bora Bora and Papeete, Auckland, Napier, Hobart, Sydney, Cairns, Bali, Colombo, Cochin, Mumbai and Eilat.
Guests onboard will have the opportunity to access to 45 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, from the striking Buddhas of Mumbai’s Elephanta Caves to the intriguing Land of Frankincense in Oman and the famed mosaics of Paphos in Cyprus.
The itinerary can be trimmed to an 89-night World Cruise from Los Angeles to Rome, with it and the 105-sailing both affording Full World Cruise benefits. The itinerary is comprised of seven 13- to 18-night segments which can be combined for customised regional explorations.
2024 World Cruise segments include:
- Panama Passage | 16 nights – Highlights include Key West, Cartagena’s UNESCO-listed Old Town, a Panama Canal transit, overnights in Panama City and Cabo San Lucas and calls in tropical San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua, and Huatulco, Mexico.
- French Polynesian Perfection | 13 nights – Luxurious days at sea and French Polynesian wonders abound including Nuka Hiva’s towering waterfalls, Rangiroa’s world-class dive sites and Mo’orea’s turquoise lagoons, as well as overnights in idyllic Papeete and Bora Bora.
- Pearls of the South Pacific | 14-nights – Beginning with an overnight in Papeete, this voyage features the beauty of Polynesia, Rarotonga’s vibrant reefs, the splendor of Fiji, the culture of Tonga, New Zealand’s Bay of Islands, and an overnight in Auckland, “City of Sails.”
- Fabled Fjords & Māori Majesties | 17 nights – The glacier-carved wonders of Fiordland National Park highlight this voyage featuring calls in Tauranga, Wellington, Picton, Christchurch and Dunedin, New Zealand; and overnights in Napier, New Zealand; and Hobart and Sydney, Australia.
- Australian & Indonesian Discovery | 14 nights – An overnight in Cairns, Australia offers Great Barrier Reef adventures while Darwin boasts outdoor pursuits in Kakadu National Park. Komodo Island thrills with its ‘dragons’ and an overnight in Bali reveals mystical temples and lush landscapes.
- Cultural Kaleidoscope | 13 nights – An overnight in Colombo, Sri Lanka invites options for exotic exploration including the UNESCO-listed Sacred city of Kandy, while overnights in Cochin and Mumbai, India, and calls in Malaysia and Thailand offer incredible temples, wildlife and urban vigor.
- The Sands of Time | 18 nights – A call in Aqaba, Jordan is a doorway to ancient Petra and Wadi Rum, while sunny Eilat, Israel, tempts with spectacular reefs and jeep tours in the Negev Desert. A Suez Canal transit, calls in Cyprus and Crete and the timeless beauty of Sicily complete the journey.
Guests booking Crystal’s full 2024 World Cruise and combinable segments will enjoy Book Now Savings, cruise deposits of 15%, as well as 2.5% Early Full Payment Savings. Crystal Society members will also enjoy an additional savings of 2.5 % and new-to-Crystal guests an additional 2% saving.
Further details to be released on 1 October. To assist travel advisors with marketing the itinerary, a four-page flyer spotlighting the World Cruise and its Segments can be accessed here (note US pricing, special offers and contact details supplied).