DESTINATION OF THE MONTH
WEEK 4 OF 4
While many destinations claim to be family-friendly, very few match the quality of amenities and breadth of opportunities available to families visiting Los Cabos.
From exclusive, “family-only” facilities like pools and kid’s playgrounds, to massive 2, 3, or 4-bedroom villas perfect for multi-generational reunions, resorts in Los Cabos offer bespoke solutions that ensures every family member enjoys an unforgettable holiday.
Parents will have no problem finding traditional babysitting services, kids clubs, or teenagers clubs to provide a well-deserved break when they’re ready for “me time’ away from the kids.
But, these three resorts have gone the extra mile, creating unique and innovative programs that educate while they captivate—keeping kids and parents happy!
Why a family-friendly fave? It’s easy to see why Chileno Bay was voted Best Family-Friendly Resort & Best Kids Program in 2020 by Best InMexico magazine. Offering everything from complimentary snorkelling and surfing to private mixology classes that educate both parents and kids about unique local ingredients and their history.
When parents need a break, little ones can visit Pescaditos Kids Club for arts & crafts, theme nights, and PJ parties while teenagers can abscond to Escondites Teens Club equipped with table games, Xbox, PlayStation Pro and even a recording studio.
- Rooms: 92 rooms and villas.
- Aesthetic: laid-back luxury contemporary, stylish and warm, with tasteful accents of Mexico and great art.
- Location: Tourist Corridor, halfway between San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas towns.
- Noteworthy: An enviable location on one of Los Cabos’ only swimmable beaches and a 21-person state-of-the-art movie theatre where you can watch the latest film releases privately.
Why a family-friendly fave? One of Los Cabos’ newest properties, Four Seasons is renowned for its sea turtle conservation program which allows families to learn and experience first-hand the sea turtles’ journey from birth to the sea in a protected environment. In addition, the unique “Los Exploradores” kid’s program inspires education and fun in nature’s classroom, teaching children everything from beach conservation and Baja Botany to authentic Mexican recipes. Other family-oriented activities include horse riding, cruising on beach bikes, or playing a basketball/tennis game on exclusive guest courts.
Four Seasons also offers a private marina for sailing the Sea of Cortez. This resort is the first major development in the East Cape, a getaway to bucket-list adventures such as the UNESCO-listed marine preserve, Cabo Pulmo.
- Rooms: 113 guestrooms, 27 suites and 1 Three-Bedroom Beachfront Presidential Villa.
- Aesthetic: Expansive, contemporary spaces celebrate natural Baja landscapes, while elemental touches such as travertine flooring, leathered marble and carved stone walls emphasise the Resort’s connection to nature.
- Location: East Cape, 45 minutes from Los Cabos International airport (SJD), opposite direction from the Los Cabos resort area.
- Noteworthy: 3.2km of calm, swimmable beach with spectacular views of the Sierra de la Laguna mountain range.
Why a family-friendly fave? Zadún’s “Ambassadors of the Environment” program inspires guests to connect with the world around them in hopes they will work towards preserving it for future generations. The program, which is guided by expert naturalists, highlights Mexico’s rich native culture and unique ecosystem through immersive experiences designed for children, adults and families.
Families get pampered at the Alkemia Spa, with special kid’s treatments including an Organic Mexican Chocolate manicure and pedicure. Some room categories allow for an in-room camping experience for kids and stargazers will love the in-room telescopes that allow them to explore the heavens in privacy and comfort.
- Rooms: 87 guestrooms, 27 suites & 1 five-bedroom villa.
- Aesthetic: Zadun combines the Baja’s laid-back west coast vibe with the best of modern Mexican artistry and all the warmth and luxury guests have come to expect from the Ritz-Carlton brand.
- Location: 15-min to San Jose del Cabo downtown.
- Noteworthy: Say “goodbye” to Siri and hello to your “Tosoani”, a private attendant who’s half a logistic coordinator and half storyteller. Always available but never intrusive, your Tosoani will be there with local knowledge, traditions and insider tips to maximise your experience.
Beyond the resorts facilities:
In Los Cabos, luxury extends beyond the resort grounds and in-house options with many private excursions and tours available for travel agents to book for their clients. Check out InCabo, a local touring company that offers a 10 – 15% commission for agents on bespoke family, group, or couple excursions including everything from learning to surf and dive in Cabo Pulmo to a brand-new off-road expedition in Sierra de la Laguna. Pelican Cabo is another great option that allows guests to design their own coastal itinerary exploring the spectacular Baja coast from a comfortable luxury vessel.