Abercrombie & Kent Founder Geoffrey Kent will host a once-in-a-lifetime adventure in 2022, and guests will have the opportunity to join him as the luxury travel company sails the fabled Northwest Passage.
The journey commences in Montreal, Canada in August 2022 and travels aboard the exclusively chartered luxury expedition vessel l’Austral from Greenland through Canada’s Arctic Archipelago to Nome, Alaska following the legendary sea route between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.
Following in the footsteps of legendary polar explorers over 24 epic days, travellers explore iceberg-laden shores and majestic fjords, visit remote Inuit villages, soak up history in remote trading posts and seek out rare wildlife, all the while marvelling at spectacular geological wonders found only in the far north.
- Cruise for 21 nights on a luxury expedition small ship, L’Austral, exclusively chartered by A&K to feature all-balcony accommodations and a guest capacity limited to no more than 199
- Explore the west coast of Greenland, where guests may cruise iceberg-strewn fjords and visit with local Inuit in their villages
- Marvel at wonders from the Ilulissat Icefjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, to Franklin Bay’s “Smoking Hills”
- Delve into the remote Yukon Territory at Herschel Island, where the Arctic whaling industry once thrived
- Experience expert photography programming, including lectures and workshops led by a dedicated A&K photo coach
- Take advantage of A&K internal flights to Kangerlussuaq and Anchorage, conveniently starting and ending the journey in North America
Real-life Arctic experts lead the way increasing the odds of being in the right place at the right time while enriching and enlivening the experience. Each one of the award-winning Expedition Team is an expert in their field, an extraordinary collection of real-life explorers ranging from scientists to Polar Medal winners to native Inuit and Canadian Arctic lecturers, naturalists, historians and more plus a dedicated onboard photo coach conducting workshops and lectures to help capture that perfect shot.
The ‘The Northwest Passage: From Greenland to the Bering Sea’ will depart on 23 August 2022 and is priced from AU$48,845 per person twin share (single supplement from AU$37,495).
For more details, click here.
All images courtesy of Abercrombie & Kent.