Viking has unveiled new expedition sailings for the summer 2023 season aboard Viking Octantis and Viking Polaris, including a new two-week itinerary in the United States’ Great Lakes.
The 15-day Great Lakes Collection itinerary will cruise from Toronto to Duluth, sailing on each of the five Great Lakes – Superior, Michigan, Huron, Erie, and Ontario, commencing June 2023.
Due to strong forward demand, Viking has also introduced 2023 sailing dates for four existing Great Lakes expedition voyages: the 8-day Niagara & the Great Lakes, Great Lakes Explorer, and Undiscovered Great Lakes itineraries, as well as the 13-day Canadian Discovery itinerary.
Three additional expedition voyages in North and South America will also debut in summer 2023.
- The new, 16-day Canada & the Atlantic Coastline itinerary will expand offerings along the St. Lawrence River and Atlantic coastline, featuring destinations that include Quebec City, Trois-Rivières, Norfolk, Charleston, Norfolk and more;
- The new 14-day Patagonian Shores & Chilean Fjords itinerary between Santiago and Ushuaia;
- and a new 18-day Panama & Scenic South America itinerary for guests looking to delve into North, Central and South America.
“In creating ‘the thinking person’s expedition,’ we are offering curious travellers the opportunity to visit some of the most pristine destinations on earth in the most responsible way possible,” said Torstein Hagen, Chairman of Viking. “As we prepare to welcome our first guests on board for voyages to Antarctica this coming winter, we are also pleased to unveil even more new journeys closer to home for summer 2023.”
New Viking Expeditions Summer 2023 Itineraries:
Highlights of the new itineraries include:
- Great Lakes Collection (NEW) – On this 15-day itinerary, guests sail the historic waterways of all five Great Lakes. Sailing between Toronto, Canada and Duluth, Minnesota, guests will experience culture-rich urban centers and admire the thundering power of Niagara Falls. Along the journey, guests can also explore the granite islands and sheltered inlets of Georgian Bay and traverse the famous Soo Locks.
- Canada & the Atlantic Coastline (NEW) – On this 16-day itinerary, guests sail along the legendary St. Lawrence Seaway and the Atlantic coast of the United States on a memorable voyage that combines scenic landscapes and storied cities between Toronto and Ft. Lauderdale. Led by a team of experts, explore the unspoiled wilderness near Trois-Rivières, Louisbourg and Lunenburg by land and water.
- Patagonian Shores & Chilean Fjords (NEW) – This 14-day itinerary discovers the rugged and untamed natural beauty of Patagonia while sailing from Santiago to Ushuaia. Guests can admire soaring peaks and towering ice shelves while navigating the iceberg-crowded channels of the Chilean Fjords.
- Panama & Scenic South America (NEW) – On this 18-day itinerary, guests will explore cultures and intriguing landscapes of North, Central and South America. On the journey between Santiago, Chile and Fort Lauderdale, Florida, guests will discover the secrets of ancient civilizations of the Yucatán Peninsula and transit between two oceans through the famous Panama Canal.
Viking Octantis and Viking Polaris will accommodate up to 378 guests in 189 staterooms.
For more details, see vikingcruises.com.au/expeditions