Silversea Cruises has revealed a new 72-day Grand Voyage to Central and South America aboard the luxury cruise line’s latest and most environmentally sustainable ship, Silver Nova.
Operating roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale and departing on 4 January 2024, Silver Nova will circumnavigate Latin America, including the Amazon River to Manaus, exploring 38 destinations in 18 countries. The voyage will be the first to include round-trip Business class flights – an offer that will be extended to all future Silversea Grand Voyages across the fleet.
Subscribe to LATTE’s free eNewsletter to keep up to date with everything in the luxury travel industry.
Silver Nova will call in Lima, Buenos Aires, and Montevideo, with an extended call in Rio de Janeiro – where guests will enjoy the famous Carnival with three overnights – showcasing a must-visit staple of South American discovery. Guests will also explore the Eastern Caribbean, visiting ports including Castries (St. Lucia), Roseau (Dominica), St. John’s (Antigua and Barbuda), St. Kitts (Saint Kiss and Nevis), Spanish Town (British Virgin Islands) and San Juan (Puerto Rico).
Silversea’s “Door-to-Door” pricing for the 72-day sailing starts at AU$68,900 per person twin share for a Classic Veranda Suite, up to AU$226,300 per person for the first-of-its-kind Otium Suite.
Barbara Muckermann, Chief Commercial Officer, Silversea Cruises said the new Grand Voyage will link South America’s “most enriching experiences”.
“From three overnights to celebrate Rio de Janeiro’s famous carnival to an exclusive evening at Manaus’ beautiful opera house in the heart of the Amazon Rainforest, the range of experiences on offer with this once-in-a-lifetime voyage is unique,” Muckermann said.
Silversea will also offer a range of exclusive events on the Grand Voyage South America 2024, which include:
- Folklore Festivities along the Panama Canal: Guests will enjoy a traditional folkloric show, followed by a carnival party – complete with Panama hats and spirited salsa dancing – as they take the enchanting journey from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean.
- Bespoke Heritage Tour at Callao Monumental: A full cultural immersion awaits guests with the curation of a personalised, and private, tour of Callao Monumental, considered Peru’s most important reference of social transformation through art. The tour will end with locally prepared, authentic culinary delights and cocktails to the backdrop of a salsa fiesta.
- The Best Seats at the World’s Biggest Carnival: Guests will revel in the rhythmic magic of Rio de Janeiro’s iconic Carnival across three days of exclusive parade access and the best seats to view the heart of the action.
- Operatic Delights in the Amazon Rainforest: Under the shimmering stars and amidst the lush rainforest canopy, guests will experience a night at the opera like no other. Located in the heart of the Amazon Rainforest, Manaus’ opera house is a historical landmark and a spectacular example of Renaissance architecture. Guests will watch in awe during an exclusive performance, enjoyed with a decadent cocktail in hand.
- An Exclusive Evening with Bridgetown’s Polo Elite: Guests will rub shoulders with the Bridgetown polo players – Barbados’s most iconic sports team – during an intimate dinner that follows an afternoon of adrenaline sport. Intricately prepared by an award-winning Bajan Master Chef, guests will savour local delicacies and sip champagne in the company of the island’s polo elite.
View the full itinerary of Silversea’s Grand Voyage South America 2024 and the full list of inclusions here.