*** UPDATED: an earlier version of this article mentioned airfares being included. Please note this is not offered in the Australia/New Zealand market ***
Oceania Cruises has unveiled its highly anticipated 2024 Around the World in 180 Days itinerary, in addition to four Grand Voyages of 72- to 82-days duration. Offered aboard the 684-passenger Insignia, the six-month voyage will visit 96 destinations in 34 countries, departing Los Angeles for New York on 14 January 2024.
And for guests who have even more time on their hands, there is an additional option to commence the journey from Miami on 29 December 2023, extending the voyage – named Continental Majesty – to a whopping 196-days duration.
“Incredibly, last year our 2023 world cruise sold out in just one day, so for 2024 we are providing guests more extended voyage options to deeply and meaningfully rediscover the world,” said Howard Sherman, President and CEO of Oceania Cruises.
“While a globe-circling journey is the pinnacle of life-changing travel experiences, we have specially curated a set of Grand Voyages for seasoned and time-rich travellers to navigate storied seas, straits and oceans that boldly connect diverse and exotic corners of the globe.”
Around the World in 180 Days
Insignia will sail across the Pacific to the Hawaiian Islands, French Polynesia and the Samoan Islands. She continues south toward New Zealand and Australia. Navigating the most thrilling corners of Asia, guests will have the chance to immerse themselves in everything from the spiritual haven of Bali and the Japanese culinary powerhouses of Tokyo and Kyoto to the dramatic landscape of Ha Long Bay and a true feast for the senses, Yangon. More revelatory explorations await on the exotic shores of India and the Arabian Peninsula, followed by experiences across the Mediterranean and the northern reaches of Europe before crossing the Atlantic to crown the journey on the Eastern Seaboard with her final call in New York.
The voyage features over 100 UNESCO World Heritage sites across 96 destinations, with 24 overnight stays and a series of curated complimentary special onshore events and optional multi-day overland programs.
Starting at $AU64,550 (NZD$67,310) per person, the world cruise includes amenities with the Exclusive Prestige Package such as free pre-paid gratuities, free onboard medical care, free laundry services, free internet, free transfer between hotel and ship, and a free one night pre-cruise luxury hotel stay plus Oceania Cruises’ inclusive OLife Choice amenities.
The longer Continental Majesty itinerary currently leads in at AU$70,770 per person twin share, up to a mind-blowing AU$258,440 for the Owner’s Suite.
Reservations for the voyage will open on 3 March 2022.
Four New Grand Voyages
In addition to Insignia‘s Around the World itinerary, Oceania Cruises’ four new Grand Voyages range from 72- to 82-days and feature extended evening port stays plus excursions ashore that connect guests to the place, culture and people visited. Options include:
- Grand Pacific Expedition from Los Angeles to Sydney
- 77-day voyage | Departs 4 October 2023
- aboard Regatta, visiting 12 countries with 10 overnights in ports such as Kyoto, Shanghai, Bali and Perth.
- From AU$23,050 (NZD$24,040) per person.
- Odyssey of Discoveries from Abu Dhabi to Tokyo
- 82-day voyage | Departs 29 December 2023
- aboard Riviera, visiting 18 countries across the Arabian Peninsula, India and Asia, plus Sri Lanka and the Maldives.
- From AU$31,850 (NZD$33,220) per person.
- Epic Eastern Explorer from Mumbai to Tokyo
- 72-day journey | Departing 8 January 2024,
- aboard Riviera, visits 15 countries including the Maldives, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Bangkok, Seoul, Myanmar, Vietnam and Japan.
- From AU$29,300 (NZD$30,560) per person.
- Ultimate Exotic Traveller from Papeete to Cape Town
- 79-day voyage | Departing 19 February 2024
- on Nautica with a 15-country itinerary exploring Moorea, Rotorua, Sydney, Komodo National Park and the renowned game reserves of South Africa.
- From AU$29,430 (NZD$30,690) per person.
These Grand Voyages feature extraordinary value with amenities such as a free airport transfers, free pre-paid gratuities, free US$500 shipboard credit and Oceania Cruises’ inclusive OLife Choice amenities including the choice of either free shore excursions, a free beverage package or free shipboard credit.