IHG Hotels & Resorts has rolled out a new global loyalty program branded as IHG One Rewards.
With nearly 6,000 hotels in over 100 countries, IHG One Rewards is centered around its guests – giving them richer benefits, more ways to earn, powered by leading technology on its new mobile app.
The reimagined program connects IHG One Rewards members to IHG Hotels & Resorts’ growing portfolio of 17 brands, including one of the largest Luxury & Lifestyle collections in the world.
Subscribe to LATTE’s free eNewsletter to keep up to date with everything in the luxury travel industry.
The launch of IHG One Rewards follows the announcement in January 2022 of the program’s new tier and bonus point earning structure – designed to help members earn more points faster and have more ways to use them.
Highlights of the program include:
- Faster Earn: A new tier and bonus point earning structure will allow members to earn more points faster and gain rewards sooner. The new tier and bonus point earning structure starts on 13 April 2022 and will be reflected in all member accounts on or before 17 April 2022.
- Richer Benefits: Further enhancements and member benefits include:
- Free Breakfast for Diamond Elite members as a Welcome Amenity choice
- Exclusive access to Reward Night Discount Promotions for Platinum Elite and Diamond Elite members
- More opportunities for Elite members to receive early check-in, late check-out (if available) and room upgrades (to suites, if available, or another premium room type for Platinum Elite and Diamond Elite members)
- Exceptional Choice: Recognising that not all members want to use their points in the same way, IHG One Rewards marks the introduction of Milestone Rewards – a new, technology-enabled platform that will allow members to choose the rewards that matter most to them. Starting at just 20 nights stayed, members will be offered a choice from a selection of rewards every 10 nights, through 100 nights stayed. These Milestone Rewards choices include points, $20 F&B Rewards, Confirmable Suite Upgrades and Annual Lounge Membership.
In the coming weeks, IHG Hotels & Resorts will also roll out the new IHG One Rewards mobile app. The app is a key element to IHG One Rewards and sets a foundation for future growth. The new, modern experience is more personalised, offers streamlined booking and allows members to stay informed, check-in faster, stay connected to the hotel and travel with flexibility.
The new brand includes a redesigned logo featuring a singular “One” icon – a nod to the long-term values of the new program – “One You” – a celebration of individuality and “One Future” – our commitment to make a positive impact for our people, our communities and our planet.
Claire Bennett, Global Chief Customer Officer, IHG Hotels & Resorts, said: “This is one of the largest and most comprehensive investments that IHG Hotels & Resorts has made in recent years. It’s also the biggest development we’ve made in the loyalty space since introducing the industry’s first loyalty program. We’re truly transforming guest experiences by giving our loyalty members more of what they want, more value and exciting benefits individually delivered via new technology with our new mobile app.”
“Built on feedback from our guests, hotel teams and owners, IHG One Rewards has a fresh look and feel and puts guests in control of their journey. It recognises that no two members are the same and celebrates it – allowing guests to travel, and mark milestones, their own way…With IHG One Rewards, our members can create the rewards that are right for them.”
Existing member stays from 1 January 2022 will count toward their new-and-improved status. The new tier and bonus point earning structure starts on 13 April 2022 and will be reflected in all member accounts by 17 April 2022. All member benefits – including the launch of Milestone Rewards – will become available for members in early June 2022.
Lead image: InterContinental Hayman Island Resort