Oceania Cruises has confirmed two ships in its fleet, Riviera and Marina, will undergo an enhancement and upgrade program over the next two years, as part of the long-running ‘OceaniaNEXT’ project.
Once the stem-to-stern re-inspiration of the ships is completed, Oceania Cruises will, for the first time, then field a fleet entirely comprised of brand-new or better-than-new ships in every destination across the globe.
Subscribe to LATTE’s free eNewsletter to keep up to date with everything in the luxury travel industry.
Debuting in December 2022 and November 2023 respectively, Riviera and Marina will become better-than-new ships in a re-inspiration. Every surface of every suite and stateroom will be entirely new, while in the public spaces, a refreshed colour palette will surround a tasteful renewal of fabrics, furnishings, and lighting fixtures that exquisitely encompasses the inimitable style and comfort of Oceania Cruises. Tuscan marble, engaging works of art, and designer residential furnishings will adorn the re-inspired spaces.
“At Oceania Cruises, we continue to raise the bar and elevate the guest experience at every opportunity. Whether it’s innovative new culinary concepts, immersive new destination experiences, or presenting our guests with ships that are not just better, but better than new, Oceania Cruises sets the standard by which others are judged,” stated Howard Sherman, President & CEO of Oceania Cruises.
Riviera‘s and Marina‘s 1,210 suites and staterooms will be reimagined to provide a radiant and even more decadent degree of lavish residential comfort. Lighter, brighter, and even more spacious, every suite and stateroom on board will glow from a floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall re-inspiration. Custom-crafted furnishings, exotic stone, and polished wood finishes, and designer accessories will add an air of elegance and sophistication that are the hallmarks of our completely transformed guest accommodations.
Living and sleeping areas will reflect a luxurious array of new finishes. From lustrous Italian marble to bespoke fabrics in harmonious tones evocative of painted deserts and tranquil skies, each sublime sanctuary will shimmer with the modernity of an inviting Milanese townhouse. Bathrooms will be pearlescent, bedecked with glittering fixtures and with spacious storage effortlessly incorporated. Indescribably exquisite, this evolution will be nothing short of perfection.
Suite and Stateroom Highlights:
- Suites and staterooms will embrace a complete transformation that flawlessly melds meticulously considered functionality with refined splendor and a refreshing residential panache.
- Each private retreat will gleam with sumptuous new furnishings, sleek restyled bathrooms, fashionable lighting, and myriad thoughtful details, such as an abundance of outlets and USB ports always within reach.
- Brand-new bathrooms will be more spacious than ever before and feature generous, oversized showers.
Public Spaces Highlights
- Convivial lounges, tony bars, and dining venues will be restyled, elevating social and epicurean interludes to new height.
- The Grand Dining Room will be even grander and more opulent with plush new carpets and leather-covered armchairs creating an indulgently comfortable setting for a lavish evening of dining.
- Timeless Italian dining will beckon beneath a canopy of stars at the new tantalising eatery, an alfresco pizzeria, and trattoria.
- Polo Grill will radiate a new contemporary glow. Retaining its rich leather chairs and polished wood paneling, plush new carpeting, new wall coverings, and draperies will create an entirely new yet familiar backdrop for the finest steakhouse experience at sea.
- Horizons will be not only completely reimagined but also lighter, brighter, and even more luxurious than before.
Re-Inspiration Debut Sailings
Riviera will debut on 7 December 2022, on a 16-day Mediterranean, Atlantic, and Caribbean cruise from Rome to Miami. From there, Riviera will reprise her popular 7- to 14-day Caribbean sailings from Miami to the Caribbean, Mexico, and Central America for one final season before returning to Europe in late March 2023. Riviera then charts an inaugural season of Far East explorations during later 2023 and early 2024.
Marina will debut on 13 November 2023, on a 7-day cruise from Barcelona to Lisbon. From Lisbon, Marina will bound her way to Miami, where she will kick off her annual South America season on 3 December 2023.
Details on the 2024 itineraries for the entire Oceania Cruises fleet will be released in the coming weeks.