United Airlines has opened a new, nearly 2,800 square-metre United Club location at Newark Liberty International Airport, offering travellers a modern design, enhanced amenities and culinary offerings, locally-sourced art and furniture pieces and views of the Manhattan skyline.
Located in Terminal C3 near gate C123, this club is the largest club in United’s network.
“As more and more customers return to the skies, United is committed to delivering a superior customer experience on and off the plane, especially in increasingly crowded airports,” said Aaron McMillan, United’s Managing Director of Hospitality and Planning.
“Our new Newark Club location is carefully designed with the customer at the forefront with thoughtful touches like murals and décor that reflect the local community. This design theme and commitment to creating a locally-inspired experience will set the precedent for future club openings and renovations across our network,” McMillan said.
The Newark United Club location features a new design and reflects a modern take on the United Club experience. It showcases many firsts for the club, as well as existing premium offering, including:
- The largest club in United’s network: The club features more than 480 seats across spaces for lounging, working, private dining and socialising.
- Spa-like showers: Members can freshen-up in one of the six, spa-like shower suites at Newark, stocked with Sunday Riley products.
- Coffee shop experience: Staffed by a barista ready to prepare their favorite hand-crafted drinks, flyers can get inspired at the full-service coffee bar, featuring illy signature blend of 100 percent Arabica beans, in addition to culinary offerings in all United Clubs, like complimentary beverages and snacks.
- Modern, Newark-inspired design: Flyers can enjoy unmatched views of the Manhattan skyline amidst locally-sourced furniture pieces and décor, as well as the new design and colour scheme that will be rolled-out in future new and refurbished clubs. The space also includes modern amenities, like self-scan entry for quick access and free, high-speed Wi-Fi.
- Sustainable, green materials: As part of the airline’s sustainability commitment, the Club is designed with sustainable materials and features, such as WaterSense-rated fixtures, enhanced indoor air quality, green cleaning and more.
Additionally, in collaboration with The Newark Museum of Art and Gallery Aferro, the new club location prominently features two murals created by local artists, Gilbert Hsiao and Dahlia Elsayed.
The Newark United Club location is the first of a series of United Club locations to open with the new club design and amenities – part of United’s commitment to renovate and introduce new United Club locations throughout its network and provide a more modern United brand experience. See united.com/unitedclub.