The Australian Federation of Travel Agents has extended the window for nominations for the 2022 National Travel Industry Awards (NTIA).
Nominations opened last week to this year’s NTIA – to be held on 15 October – initially with a relatively short window for potential nominees to apply by today [15 July 2022]. That date has now stretched out until Friday, 22 July.
“As we refresh the event for 2022 and recognise the workload our members are experiencing, we have simplified the NTIA awards process and revamped the entrant criteria to recognise excellence in customer service and industry support through COVID,” AFTA said this week.
The 2022 event will see the number of awards scaled back by one-third, and it’s easier than ever this year to be in the running with both self and peer nominations now an option.
Following nominations for the Most Outstanding (judged) categories, nominees can submit a video or a written submission with an Independent Reviewer shortlisting the finalists.
The Most Popular Categories will see a list of suppliers collated following nominations which the industry then votes on. The top 5 in each category will proceed as Finalists.
The Individual Awards for NTIA are:
- Most Outstanding Mobile / Home Based Travel Advisor
- Most Outstanding Travel Agency Manager
- Most Outstanding Travel Consultant Corporate
- Most Outstanding Travel Consultant Leisure
- Rookie of the Year
- Travel Consultant Scholarship
- Most Outstanding Sales Executive – Air
- Most Outstanding Sales Executive – Cruise
- Most Outstanding Sales Executive – Land Supply
- Most Outstanding Consumer Travel Journalist
The Business Awards are:
- Most Outstanding Employee Engagement & Recruitment Program
- Most Outstanding Marketing Campaign – ATAS Travel Business
- Most Outstanding Online Travel Agency
- Most Outstanding Travel Management Company– Corporate
- Most Outstanding Travel Agency – Leisure
- Sustainability Award – ATAS Travel Business
- Most Outstanding Mobile Advisor Network
- Most Outstanding Travel Agency Group
- People’s Choice Award
The Supplier Awards are:
- Most Outstanding Marketing Campaign – Supplier
- Most Outstanding Tour Operator
- Most Outstanding Wholesaler
- Most Popular Tourism Office
- Most Popular Travel Support Service
- Most Outstanding Industry Support – Accommodation
- Most Outstanding Industry Support – Air
- Most Outstanding Industry Support – Cruise
- Most Outstanding Travel Industry Training Institution
- Sustainability Award – Supplier
- Most Outstanding Travel Podcast/Webcast
For full details on the eligibility criteria and winner determination, refer to the respective Entrant Guidelines here.
The 2022 NTIA will be held at the International Convention Centre in Sydney on 15 October with Singapore Airlines as the major sponsor.
Nominations will close at 11.59pm, Friday 22 July 2022.