On Board : Tasmanian Expedition Cruises has revealed plans to launch a new custom-designed luxury vessel at the end of 2022.
Pieter van der Woude, On Board Founder & Skipper, said Odalisque III will provide an intimate wilderness experience in remote Tasmanian waters.
“Hitting the water in January 2023, Odalisque III will take a maximum of 12 guests in luxury on the trip of a lifetime in Tasmania’s wilderness,” van der Woude said.
The 24-metre expedition catamaran features six cabins with elegant indoor and outdoor lounge and dining areas.
“Odalisque’s sole purpose is to provide small groups access to some of Tasmania’s most remote waters and wilderness areas, led by local experts,” van der Woude remarked.
The new vessel will operate into the wilds of Port Davey and Bathurst Harbour in southwest Tasmania between January and May each year.
Odalisque III will then cruise the beaches and islands of Tasmania’s east coast, from June to December. The vessel will also be available for private charter.
Odalisque III will offer:
- 6 suites on board, including comfortable walk-around queen beds, expansive ocean views and ensuite bathrooms
- Sophisticated interior design reflecting the colours and moods of Tasmanian landscapes
- Specialist chefs, seconded from some of Hobart’s top restaurants, serving local Tasmania produce
- Cool climate wines, crisp craft beers and slow-sipping spirits with an emphasis on the best of Tasmania
- Onboard crew of local experts, including skippers and guides who have been visiting these wilderness areas for decades
- Daily guided tender and shore excursions
Port Davey highlights include:
- Winding through the sea caves of Breaksea Islands
- Hiking to wilderness peaks for expansive views over harbour and national park
- Cruising the winding bends of the peaceful Davey River
- Spying the critically-endangered orange-bellied parrot
- Strolling the untracked sandy expanse of a Southern Ocean beach
- Visiting the ex-mining settlement of Melaleuca to discover the area’s fascinating history
Odalisque III is the only expedition vessel that On Board will operate and will replace their current cruiser, Odalisque II, from January 2023.
On Board is now taking bookings for Port Davey Escape expeditions between January and May, and East Coast Expeditions from June to November 2023.