Hyatt Hotels Corporation will expand its Inclusive Collection – the new global portfolio of luxury all-inclusive resort brands – to Bulgaria with five all-inclusive resorts in the Black Sea.
Less than one year since the acquisition of Apple Leisure Group (ALG), Hyatt continues to strengthen its leadership position in the luxury all-inclusive category. The planned expansion further demonstrates the strength and reputation of Hyatt’s all-inclusive brands as they grow in new markets outside of the Americas.
LATTE can reveal that 4 of the 5 properties appear to be those currently operated by Spanish hospitality company, RIU Hotels & Resorts; including the adults-only 330-room Hotel Riu Palace Sunny Beach Hotel, 597-room Hotel Riu Helios Paradise, 395-room Hotel Riu Helios Bay and the 318-room Hotel Riu Helios Bay. The other property is the 189-room LUCA Helios Beach in Obzor, managed by Hyatt’s partner Terra Tour Service EOOD.
Expected to open in 2023 and 2024, the all-inclusive resorts are expected to rebrand to the Secrets Resorts & Spas, Dreams Resorts & Spas, Breathless Resorts & Spas and Alua Hotels & Resorts brands following renovations. The planned addition of the five beachfront resorts, accounting for nearly 2,000 keys, represents the latest milestone in Hyatt’s intentional global brand expansion and will mark the Inclusive Collection’s entry into a third European country, following existing brand presence in Spain and Greece.
Jaime de la Mata, SVP of Business Development for EAME at ALG said: “These five distinct resorts will expand our brands into the largest leisure destination in the Black Sea that has become very popular for travellers from key markets including the United Kingdom, Germany, and the Czech Republic.”
Located in Sunny Beach and Obzor along the Bulgarian Black Sea coast, the five all-inclusive resorts will boast a prime location on the Black Sea.
Following renovations, four of the properties are set to open under their new brands in summer 2023, with the fifth resort expected to open in 2024. The properties include:
- Secrets Resort & Spa – Located in the Sunny Beach area, the 335-room resort will continue operating as an adults-only resort following a rebrand and renovation project.
- Dreams Resort & Spa – Located adjacent to the Secrets Resort & Spa, the 597-room property will cater to the high-end family-friendly segment.
- AluaSun – The 191-room hotel, located in the seaside town of Obzor, will offer an all-inclusive product equipped with superb outdoor facilities.
- Alua Resort – Also located in Obzor, the resort will offer 318 rooms and an ideal environment for families, couples and groups seeking a vacation in a relaxed and exclusive atmosphere.
- Breathless Resort & Spa – Located in the centre of Sunny Beach, the 395-room resort will reopen under an extensive renovation project expected to be completed in 2024.