Oceania Cruises is set to introduce an elevated, innovative bar program aboard the 1,200-guest Vista debuting 20 May 2023.
Vista, the first of the brand’s all-new Allura Class ships, will feature the latest cocktail-crafting trends and techniques such as flavoured smoke bubbles, an extensive selection of low- and no- sugar wines and zero-proof cocktails, plus Negronis aged in wooden barrels and specialty beverage carts like the Bubbly Bar and Ultimate Bloody Mary Bar.
“At Oceania Cruises, we continuously strive to raise the bar on every aspect of our luxury cruise experience, with food and beverage at the top of the list,” said Howard Sherman, President and CEO of Oceania Cruises. “As Vista will present a fresh perspective on the finest cuisine at sea with an astounding array of culinary options that range from informal to the extravagant, it’s only appropriate that we build a bar program to match.
“From new spirits selections and a wide range of mocktails to new pairing menus and the introduction of The Moët & Chandon Champagne Experience, our teams have truly outdone themselves.”
Daniella Oancea, Corporate Beverage Manager of Oceania Cruises, said: “To develop Vista‘s new bar program, I worked hand in hand with our culinary team to bring naturally sourced ingredients to our cocktail crafting process, like the creation of homemade syrups and reductions. On Vista, having a drink will be an experience unto itself – from the beauty of watching a skilled bartender smoke an old fashioned to the tableside preparation of an espresso martini.”
New Concepts Including Immersive Mixology Experiences
A cornerstone of Vista‘s bar program will be immersive, experiential beverage offerings including specialty beverage carts like The Bubbly Bar, which will serve exclusive Champagne cocktails, and The Ultimate Bloody Mary Bar, where guests can DIY their perfect brunch accompaniment. In addition, guests will savour:
- The Casino Mixology Bar is a brand new concept on Vista, focused entirely on the art of the cocktail.
- Martinis, Oceania Cruises’ signature bar onboard, is refreshing its namesake cocktail with a new spirits selection of Mermaid Gin and Vodka, handcrafted from ethically sourced botanicals on the Isle of Wight. The new martini menu features a collection that gives tribute to some of the greatest names in Hollywood such as: Lady Hepburn, Bogard’s Casablanca, Blue Eyes Sinatra and Notorious Bond.
- Baristas, a favourite spot onboard for a coffee, will introduce a new drink menu featuring innovative cocktails that
incorporate Amari, an Italian herbal liqueur, in addition to ready-to-drink Italian selections like Crodino, San Pellegrino cocktails and Campari sodas.
Complementing the Finest Cuisine at Sea
With food comes drink and the new beverage concepts in Vista‘s restaurants do not disappoint. Taking a fresh perspective to complementing The Finest Cuisine at Sea, a wide range of guilt-free and craft offerings are in the mix.
- The Aquamar Kitchen, a new concept aboard Vista serving lean and healthy cuisine, will focus its beverage selection on low- and no-alcohol options. Lyre, the leading producer of non-alcoholic spirits in the world, will bring its naturally sourced spirits to Vista including Dry London Gin, American Malt Whisky, White Cane Spirit Rum and Amalfi Spritz. Aquamar Kitchen will also offer elegant non-alcoholic “wines” from Pierre Zéro and the drink menu will include cocktails such as a Skinny Mimosa, Innocent Kir, Pure Amalfi Spritz, Passion Fruit Colada, Dark and Spicy and NO-Groni.
- Ember, the signature addition to Oceania Cruises’ family of restaurants, will feature a culinary menu of inventive American creations blended with time-honored classics. To pair, here guests will find unique wines, crafted beers, ryes and bourbons and themed cocktails ranging from long-drinks to more aperitif style ones like California Dreaming, First Avenue, Sicilian Godfather and Tennessee Nights
- Red Ginger, Oceania Cruises’ extraordinary Pan-Asian venue, will feature a focused menu of beverages to complement its acclaimed dishes including Asian beers, a variety of sake styles and cocktails celebrating Asian flavours such as ginger, turmeric, coriander and lychee. Must-try new drinks include Tokyo Whisper, Oriental Pear Mule, Asia Daisy, Namaste and Hanoi Nights.
Inspired Partnerships for Exquisite Pairings Menus
Champagne has come to define the most captivating, jubilant and extraordinary moments of our lives. With the launch of Vista comes the debut of a most exquisite new pairing experience.
- Moët & Chandon Champagne Experience, making its debut on Vista, is a delectable three-course pairing extravaganza featuring rare vintages. Guests will start with a Mediterranean sea bass tartar paired with the mature 2013 Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage Brut, followed by a duck foie gras terrine accompanied by the silky Moët & Chandon Nectar Imperial Champagne and finished with a cured beef tenderloin coupled with the elegant and refined Moët & Chandon Imperial Rose Champagne.
- Connoisseur Wine Pairing Lunches will be another addition to Vista with two carefully crafted epicurean journeys from which to choose. Menus include five different Mediterranean-influenced dishes paired with a premium range of wines. The head sommelier along with bar, restaurant and galley teams, will explain each course pairing concept and their flavour profiles.
- Dom Pérignon Experience, a signature Oceania Cruises experience since 2019, will be showcased on Vista as part of the intimate dining venue Privée. The six-course tasting menu is a must-have meal for every connoisseur of Champagnes and all true gourmands. Each of the three Champagne vintages is effortlessly paired with two courses which are specifically crafted to bring out the nuances of the grapes and the ratio of the blend, playing off every aspect from subtle, effervescent nose to lively, satisfying finish. Courses include scallops rossini with mole negro followed by black truffle risotto, Brittany blue lobster in yellow curry broth with coconut foam, seared sashimi-style wagyu beef with octopus tempura, culminating with sakura tea geisha flower ice cream topped with lemon caviar.