Available all year round, this route – spanning 1,280 kilometres – leads from some of the most charming Swiss cities to Alpine villages. As well as UNESCO World Heritage sites, the route encompasses some of Switzerland’s most well-known sights and landmarks, from the majestic Matterhorn to Lucerne’s Chapel Bridge. And as Switzerland is home to some of the most beautiful mountain landscapes, the route can also be combined with a variety of mountain excursions.
On the following link, find detailed information about the sections: myswitzerland.com/sections-grand-train-tour
The following travel suggestions for the Grand Train Tour of Switzerland contain panoramic train lines and numerous touristic highlights.
Each tour can be explored within several days and the travel duration can be adapted individually.
- “Original” tour – 8 days / 7 nights
- “Classic” tour – 7 days / 6 nights
- “Top Attractions” tour – 5 days / 4 nights
- “Glaciers & Palm Trees” tour – 4 days / 3 nights
- “Stunning Waters” tour – 3 days / 2 nights
- “Hidden Treasures” tour – 3 days / 2 nights
- “Winter Magic” tour – 8 days / 7 nights
Find all the details about tickets, packages, reservations and timetables in order to plan your personal Grand Train Tour of Switzerland here.
4-Days Swiss Travel Pass
The discounted pass applies until the end of October.
Select from a choice of any four consecutive travel dates between 19 September 2022 and 30 April 2023.
The app for an unforgettable touring experience: Discover all must-sees on the most beautiful railway lines of Switzerland. Playfully collect stamps and awards on the go and benefit from great offers.
The Grand Train Tour of Switzerland app is available for free in the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, and Tencent App Store.
Pictures and Videos.
- Via Switzerland Tourism’s image database, SAM, you have access to a variety of Grand Train Tour of Switzerland (GTToS) pictures under the specific folder: Image folder.
- Via the YouTube-Channel of Swiss Travel System you can find all GTToS-videos:
Each leg and travel suggestion have been captured in
Autumn promotion: 4-Days Swiss Travel Pass.
The discounted pass applies until the end of October, and there’s the choice of any four consecutive travel dates between 19 September 2022 and 30 April 2023.