Adventures by Disney is offering new expeditions to the Adriatic Sea aboard PONANT’s Le Bougainville in 2024. The new Mediterranean destination will be complemented by additional opportunities to explore Antarctica, the Arctic and the Galapagos Islands.
The itineraries are designed to access remote locations and will sail along the beautiful coastline on a seven-night round-trip sailing from Venice, Italy and offer stops at seven ports in Croatia and Montenegro. The chartered Adventures by Disney expeditions will depart on 25 June and 2 July 2024.
Highlights of the Adriatic program include;
- stops at Korcula to taste the famed Mali Ston oysters or Hvar to kayak along the Pakleni Islands;
- delicious food, Croatian wine, captivating architecture and culture unique to the region.
- biking through vineyards and lavender fields of the UNESCO Stari Grad Plain (also known as Hora or Ager).
- tasting local delicacies such as Dalmatian Prosciutto, aged by the bura, a northerly-blowing wind common in the winter months.
- exploring picturesque Boka Bay in Montenegro by catamaran or strolling the cobbled streets of Old Town Kotor.
- wandering medieval Croatian port-towns awash in warm limestone and distinctive, red-tiled roofs, and visiting the world-famous Predjama Castle in Slovenia.
- delving into the massive underground labyrinth at Slovenia’s Postojna Cave and discovering the “dragons” that call it home.
On board, families will enjoy themed karaoke nights, game/trivia nights, a talent show and Disney movies. Adults-only activities include cocktail workshops and fitness classes. Junior Adventurers (adventurers 12 years and younger) have their own set of special programming led by the Adventure Guides, such as a “Pirates of the Adriatic” swim party, a pizza party, a Dalmatian Dash scavenger hunt, navigation lessons and more.
Among the other 2024 itineraries are:
Antarctica and Patagonia Expedition Cruise:
This southern region itinerary offers the chance to discover the pristine splendor of Antarctica and Argentina’s beautiful Patagonia region. Here, the magic of wildlife takes the stage as guests observe animals such as penguins, seals and whales in their natural habitat. Dates: 17-28 December 2023 (aboard Le Boreal) and 17-28 February 2024 (aboard Le Lyrial).
Arctic Expedition Cruise:
This expedition cruise – aboard either Le Boreal or Le Lyrial – in the northern polar region features the Arctic waters and surrounding landscapes of Svalbard. Guests will sail past deep fjords, discover the human history of the Arctic, marvel at massive glaciers and see amazing wildlife including polar bears, reindeer and walruses. Date: 1-10 July 2024.
Galapagos Islands Expedition Cruise:
This island-hopping expedition cruise through the Galapagos Archipelago is an immersive family adventure. Aboard MV Galapagos Legend and guided by expert naturalists, guests will discover more about the amazing ecosystems and unique species endemic to the islands as they experience the unmatched views of this UNESCO World Heritage site. Dates: 17-25 March; 9-17 June; 14-22 July; 7-15 August; and 18-26 December 2024.
Guests can also extend their expedition cruise in select cities through an Adventures by Disney Escape, a series of short-stay getaways. The four-day Buenos Aires Escape is a great way to discover the cosmopolitan capital of Argentina before embarking on the Antarctica Expedition Cruise. The six-day Amazon Escape takes guests on an exploration of the Amazon rainforest prior to the start of their Galapagos Islands Expedition Cruise.
Bookings open to the public on 27 October 2022.
Lead image: Kotor, Montenegro | Ponant Studio/Leslie Levadoux